The Role / Responsibilities:
The Assistant Director – Senior Actuarial Programmer will work closely with other actuaries and actuarial programmers and will collaborate with our client support, system design and marketing professionals. They will design and implement new features for AXIS and solve actuarial issues posed by our clients. At this level, the actuarial programmers are working on complex code and designing features that have a broad scope and implication.
- Interpret business requirements and take ownership of code across an entire module.
- Provide feedback on client requirements from a technical perspective
- Analyze and implement solutions and program complex new features in AXIS. Participate in meetings with clients to discuss specifications
- Design and implement various features that have wide implication and scope
- Investigate and find the root cause for bugs reported by clients
- Provide client support for end users.
- Ensure compliance with coding standards.
- Review code of less senior team members, provide guidance from technical perspective.
- Research and review new technologies.
- Specialize and develop expertise in multiple areas of actuarial practice.
- Participate and provide leadership for Interest Groups and Working Groups.
- Train actuarialprogrammers
Other duties as assigned. GGY a Moody’s Analytics Company is an actuarial software company located in Toronto, Ontario, devoted to developing, maintaining, and supporting GGY AXIS. This is an integrated, full-featured actuarial software product used in Canada, US and around the world.
- A degree in actuarial science with a minor in computer science preferred.
- At least 5 years of actuarial programming experience.
- FSA or equivalent actuarialdesignation
- Significant experience with object oriented design & development, C++ required.
- Experience in development tools such as Visual Studio.
- Strong analytical & technical skills – excellent research capabilities.
- Good communication skills.