One of the nation’s largest and most respected hospital management companies, Universal Health Services, Inc. (NYSE: UHS) has built an impressive record of achievement and performance. Steadily growing since its inception to an esteemed Fortune 500 corporation, UHS today has annual revenues of $10 billion and 83,000 employees. In 2018, UHS was recognized for the eighth consecutive year as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune; and in 2017, ranked #276 on the Fortune 500, and listed #275 in Forbes inaugural ranking of America’s Top 500 Public Companies.
The Assistant Director - Clinical Documentation supports the UHS Acute Care HIM Departments through determining the educational needs of CDIS and assists with improving the quality of documentation. Performs analysis of clinical documentation using a combination of clinical, coding and billing expertise to improve the quality of clinical, coding and financial documentation related to services provided. Identifies patterns or trends that require additional training in efforts to improve documentation. Assists in CDIS improvement initiatives in standardization of process and development of training materials. Conducts audit and denial review to develop process improvement and standardization to reduce auditrisk and reduce denials.
- Supports the Corporate HIM, Physician and Care Management Leadership in the Clinical Documentation Program Initiatives (CDI).
- Identifies patterns or trends requiring additional training as it relates to clinical documentation improvement.
- Develops and conducts clinical documentation improvement training.
- Maintains education training processes and tools.
- Assists with revisions to Policy and Procedures
- Participates in committees related to clinical documentation improvement.
- Collaborates with the various departments impacted by clinical documentation improvement initiatives.
Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 5 years experiencerequired, Master's degreepreferred. Certification(s) required.
This position requires extensive knowledge of clinical documentation and coding as they relate to billing. Proven training skills. Must be knowledgeable about Medicare and other governmental regulations. Demonstrated oral and written communication skills required. Demonstrated proficiency in PC use, Microsoft applications and working knowledge of 3M and Cerner. One or more of the following certifications; CCDS, CCS, RHIA, RN
Travel approximately 25%
If you are looking for a rewarding career, please take a moment to share your background with us by applying online. UHS offers competitive compensation commensurate with experience and benefits programs including medical, dental, life insurance and 401k.