Job Title: Assortment Analyst (FTE)
Location: Quincy, MA 02169
Provide the business with insights and assessment specifically related to assortment decisions to drive localized relevant assortment choices to provide & maximize competitive advantage in the market and drive merchandisingcategory performance.
- Looking for IRI, Nielsen, Market Data, JDA Space Planning
- BA Degree
- Identify categories for Assortment Tool utilization
- Create category deep dive to understand opportunity gaps and performance vs. ROM with particular emphasis on assortment. Provide recommendation on assortment gap closures by identifying top performing brands by sales dollar/volume size along with growth trends and top 100 items in Food Channel and AOC.
- Understand competitive landscape for assortment and POG shelving strategy i.e. visit competitive retailer stores.
- Collaborate with Category Manager and POG analyst to align on strategy and goals of reset
- Provide recommendations that meet the needs of the most important shopper to the category
- Facilitate Assortment Tool Process with Category Team
- Review CDTs generated from Assortment Tool Process with POG analysts for incorporation into POG design
- Prepare Distribution Matrix report for live POGs to identify items with low store counts that need to be addressed during reset; review with Category Manager and POG analyst
- Prepare X charts for reset; review identified opportunities with Category Manager and POG analyst
- Prepare Space to Salesreport for Live POGs; review with Category Manager and POG analyst
- Evaluate/summarize potential sales gain/loss on new items/deletes for reset; provide to Category Manager
- Collaborate with POG analyst during reset process to understand major changes occurring
- Update new item/delete summary with actual store counts/sales forecast; review with Category Manager and POG analyst
- Department- Various across Non- perishable and fresh - they support multiple categories at one time.