The YMCA of Southern Nevada is seeking an experienced and effective leader, with strong relationship-building skills, to serve as our Association Aquatics Director to be officed out of the Centennial Hills YMCA.
Under the supervision of the COO/Senior Executive Director, this position is responsible for providing Association-wide leadership for the development and implementation of strategic and operational initiatives in all facets of the Aquatics Departments at all YMCA of Southern Nevada Branches. Families enjoy our three seasonal outdoor water parks with flume slides, diving boards and tot-lot areas while active older adults gravitate towards to warmest pool in Las Vegas at the Centennial Hills YMCA. Year round lap pools, swim lessons and water fitness keeps our swimmers busy at our two newest facilities. Average annual aquatics revenue is $540,000 with lots of opportunity for growth.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:BA/BS in Sports Management/Recreation/Health Sciences or related field preferred with a minimum of 5 years of experience in aquatics and competitive swimming. Experience should include aquatic operations, swim lesson program oversight and competitive swimming program oversight and coaching. Prior supervisory and payroll management experiencerequired. Experience serving on leadership team of a YMCA (or similar) membership organization preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Certification as a YMCA or American Red Cross Lifeguard (required)
- Certification as a YMCA or American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor (required)
- Certification as a YMCA or American Red Cross Lifeguard Instructor (preferred)
- CPR for the professional rescuer (includes AED) Certification (required)
- First Aid Certification (required)
- Oxygen Certification (required)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Branch Aquatic Operations:
- Provides direct supervision and leadership to the Swim Lesson Coordinator and aquatic staff to ensure their professional development and success.
- Management of pool operations for year-round indoor pool, therapy pool and seasonal outdoor pool, including staffing, scheduling, payroll and programming that comply with all state, local and YMCA health & safety regulations.
- Recruits, hires, trains, develops, schedules and directs personnel and volunteers as needed within aquatic and program departments.
- Develop and implement monthly all staff in-services for Lifeguards and Instructors.
- Develop and implement quality control measures to ensure delivery of quality programs; integrated marketing approaches, smooth enrollmentprocesses, coordination of recruitment strategies and regular reporting progress of core outcomes are achieved.
- Responsibility for fundraising and budget allocations.
General Job Functions:
- Ensures quality programming and “Best in Class” member experience
- Responds to member and participant concerns in a timely manner, ensuring a positive program experience for members and participants. Anticipate and exceed expectations consistently throughout programs.
- Responsible for meeting and/or exceeding Aquatics budgeted revenue while appropriately managing expenses.
- Serves on Association cabinets, training, and conferences as directed
- Assists in all other areas as assigned.
Association Team Leadership:
- Provide leadership to Aquatic Coordinators and other key program leaders at the 4 branches within the association, which includes 2 year round indoor pools and 4 outdoor seasonal pools
- Leads monthly program Cabinet meetings to support to the aquatics leaders in the areas of program development, staff training, program quality standards, recertification, audits, and resource development.
- Develop and implement strategies to build capacity and drive participation in Aquatics programming and recruit and train Aquatics staff team members
- Assist Branch Executive Director and Operations Director in the hiring process of Aquatics leadership positions.
- Lead projects for the aquatics program across the association, i.e., developing an adapted swim lesson program, partnering with local businesses to implement lifeguarding as a course, expand program offerings, etc.
- Completes all job related, supervisory and other trainings as required.
Safety and Risk Management:
- Ensures all YMCA of Southern Nevada program standards and best practices are implemented and followed. Applies YMCA policies and procedures, including those related to best practices, emergency procedures, medical and disciplinary situations and child abuse prevention.
- Ensures all program associates are properly trained and prepared for emergency situations. This includes implementing and following training requirements in addition to ensuring proper reporting of all incidents/accidents according to risk management procedures.
- Maintains proper records, including associate certifications, meetings, and trainings.
- Schedules associates and volunteers in accordance to safety and program needs and ensures all safety and program ratios are followed.
- Monitors programming to adhere to all state, local and YMCA health & safety regulations.