Associate VP Corporate Revenue Cycle Improvement | WFUP - Specialized Collections
The Associate Vice President of Corporate Revenue Improvement is a key leadership position that directs CR's Vendor and Project Portfolio and its management by working with CR Business Owners of various vendors and projects to compile and monitor the partnership and vendor portfolio and project portfolio. Serves a key strategist and adviser to Vice President, Corporate Revenue and Managed Care; provides strategic and tactical support to WF leadership on the development of vendor partnerships and optimization of portfolio resources. Ensures the value and accountability of Corporate Revenue vendors and projects through process and controls governing planning, acquisition, implementation, delivery, support, measurement and evaluation. Serves as a senior leader within Corporate Revenue Department responsible for functioning in leadership activities core to the business of Corporate Revenue including: strategic planning, building culture, building teams, staff development, and providing world class customer service.
Bachelor's degree in Business Management, Hospital Administration, or Finance or related field of study from a four-year accredited college or university (Master's degreepreferred). 7 years' of progressive professional and relevant work experience, including 2 years' experience in Healthcare, preferably in an academic medical center environment.
REPORTS TO: Vice President, Corporate Revenue and Managed Care
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, and/or REGISTRATION:
Project Management Professional (PMP) preferred; Six Sigma exposure with emphasis on lean principals preferred
- The AVP serves as the business owner for Corporate Revenue Department's partnership with Professional Billing Outsourcing company
- Develops strong relationships with Partner's leadership and management.
- Remains current on Partner's roadmaps as well as short-term product releases and the impact to the organization.
- Provides financial analysis related to Partner's performance, reporting on the Partner's contractual commitments and goals.
- Leads efforts for Wake Forest with the partner to enhance the organization's ability to achieve its goals and objectives.
- The AVP establishes and directs team to manage the portfolio of vendors delivering services to CR; works with CR business owners of the services and partnerships within to compile and monitor the vendor performance;
- Directs team to optimize the vendor portfolio, when contracts and new relationships arise.
- Develops governance process frameworks for monitoring and reports, interactions and integration with the different strategic service partners.
- Works with business owners to develop and enhance monitoring reports to assess performance against SLA targets and the overall relationships with strategic service partners.
- Develops strong relationships with key strategic outsourced vendors.
- AVP and team work with Data and Revenue Integrity Teams to 1) develop dashboards to monitor vendor performance, and 2) administer Value Assurance processes to control expenditures, limit maximize the realization of benefits.
- The AVP leads the Corporate Revenue Department's Project Management Office.
- Establishes CR's Project Management Office, including team and processes necessary to effectively and efficiently manage CR's portfolio of project proposals and active projects, as well as strategy, development plan, structure, and staff development.
- Project Portfolio Management
- Creates and controls CR's Project Demand Management Process.
- Administers and facilitates governance committee with CR Leadership Team to maintain Project Portfolio, coordinating and prioritizing both existing and potential projects.
- Works with Executive Management to strategically align the Portfolio.
- Establishes and maintains standardized Portfolioreporting and metrics.
- AVP and team work with Data and Revenue Integrity Teams to 1) develop dashboards to monitor project performance, and 2) administer Value Assurance processes to control expenditures, limit maximize the realization of benefits.
- Project Management
- Controls the CR Project Management Methodology, tools, and supporting processes.
- Executes checkpoints and tollgates on CR's top projects regarding schedule, budget, scope, and value.
- Provides central control of project change, risk, and issue management.
- Maintains Knowledge Base of prior projects, lessons learned, and deliverables.
- Collaborates with the leaders of other PMO in the organization (IT PMO, Enterprise PMO, etc.) to coordinate effort across the enterprise and contribute to CR's achievement of Strategic Goals.
- The AVP oversees the Corporate Revenue Department's Performance Improvement Team.
- Ensures team coordinates with operational leaders to identify opportunities for revenue cycle improvement, and establishes protocols to support positive outcomes.
- Oversees process by which opportunities for improvements are explored and prioritized.
- Ensures prioritization of opportunities for improvement to maximize business value.
- The AVP oversees the Corporate Revenue Department's Training Team. Ensures that Training Team creates and delivers training to staff on Revenue Cycle processes, system applications, and on the value of compliance and efficiency to the organization.
- Leads and directs a highly trained staff of analysts and managers to support the Medical Center's application needs.
- Creates an environment consistent with Medical Center Workplace of Choice goals.
- Makes personnel decisions required to recruit and maintain a highly qualified staff.
- Provides for staff training to ensure staff remains technically current and competent.
- Strives to generate and maintain high morale to reduce turnover.
- Develops staff to grow professionally into new responsibilities and even roles within the organization.
- Assists subordinates with personnel issues as appropriate.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ability to prioritize work activities to achieve goals in a timely manner
- Healthcare planning, business, Human Resource, and fiscal management skills
- Ability to be resourceful internal and external to WFBMC
- Must be able to relentlessly deliver results
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Job ID: 25060