It's an exciting time to be in our Technology department; we're investing heavily in the future of our firm's technology. Our business is growing internationally, which emphasizes the need to build an unparalleled technology team. If you have expertise in Technology Governance, Risk and Compliance and are looking to support our global growth, we are looking for you!
The Associate Vice President of Technology Governance will design and implement a global technology governance, risk and compliance program across geographies, departments, and external partner environments. You will focus on all aspects of risk and compliance including evaluating technical aspects of systems, processes and controls, working with business, technology and internal teams to support our growth and expansion. You will report to the VP of Technology Management.
We believe in providing our employees with the tools, support, and training they need to succeed within our company and in their professional career. We have invested a lot of resources and time into our Technology department, and we are dedicated to securing the most advanced technologies available.
- Provide leadership for our technology governance, risk and compliance program to enhance our technology risk posture
- Mature and execute technology risk management strategy for cloud-based solutions, working closely with business, technology, and information security to allow cloud platform capabilities
- Manage technology audits and risks assessment from identification and prioritization, to reporting and recommendations.
- Support and develop policies and internal controls working with legal and compliance teams and business owners to ensure we are complying with regulatory obligations on an annual basis.
- Identify areas where we may benefit from the creation of new internal controls or improving existing internal controls
- Provide written and oral communications to executive management on recommendations for internal control improvement and facilitating management action plans.
- Coach and grow your team of direct reports through performance reviews, feedback and career direction.
- 10+ years' experience in risk management, regulatory engagement, or similar discipline experience including engaging with external partners
- 10+ years' experience managing and building, motivated technology teams
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Engineering, Finance or related field
- Recent experience in wealth/asset management industry
- Knowledge of industry security/risk frameworks and regulations such as ISO 27001/27002, PCI, COBIT, NIST, SOX, GLBA, GDPR, COSO
- Interpret standards, regulations and laws and communicate them with all levels of the firm