The Associate Vice President, Software Engineering (RTS) will offer a deep understanding of business and technology, combined with the leadership experience needed to build a high performing software development organization. This role is responsible for the overall direction, strength, profile, output, and excellence of the technology team within RTS, as well as the tone and quality of the interactions and collaborations with other disciplines within and outside of the RTS solution. In addition, the Associate Vice President, Software Engineering will help the company achieve its growth targets through delivery of leading edge products which are innovative, timely, well-planned, cost effective and based on sound software development practices.
- Maintain personal technical foundation; staying current with technology concepts, paying close attention to industry trends.
- Assure that complementary architectural leadership is nurtured and well established.
- Owns the overall planning, execution, and success of the software development lifecycle for the RTS product lines.
- Continuously improve processes, specifically product engineering methodology, to reduce cycle times, improve deliverable quality, and establish a world-class team and product performance.
- Hire, attract and retain high caliber talent in key areas to build out the development team to meet the needs of the business.
- Anticipate future growth needs and work with the team to address.
- Partner with the Business and Product Management teams to refine the vision and strategy for our products and deliver on business expectations.
- Partner with the CTO and Engineering leadership to refine the vision and strategy for the RTS architecture and platform.
- Convey engineering vision and how the RTS development teams fit into that vision, acts to move the RTS team toward that vision.
- Track and report on the key performance indicators related to maintenance, product development, platform performance and platform stability. Perform analysis and take action toward improvement.
- Provide regular high-level communications to the senior management team and represent the RTS development teams company wide.
- Budget responsibility for expenses and hiring.
- Work with Engineering leadership to create a culture of innovation.
- Create software products that have the highest business impact to our customers and continually improve the company’s competitive position.
- Represent RTS technology and product at industry events, conferences, etc.
- Oversees the development and maintenance of product roadmaps; working with product owners and product managers to link product branding and marketing as well as industry trends to specific product development efforts.
- Responsible for product quality through the execution of product development, appropriate technology selection, product maintenance and product stability and uptime.
- Mentor and coach subordinate management staff to both improve overall department performance and for succession planning.
What We Look For:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Science/Technology based discipline. MBA or relevant Master's Degree preferred.
- 10+ years of experience, at least 5 years in large-scale technology management (80+ people).
- Deep understanding of technology industry trends, emerging technologies, and software development best practices.
- Experience managing remote resources, including offshore teams, for software development and QA.
- Built and operated large, scalable web services.
- Demonstrable skills leading QAA development and use to achieve improved efficiency and quality.
- Able to critically assess architectural decisions.
- Proven ability to develop technology solutions for a wide range of clients in the digital space that deliver results.
- Working ability to set project schedules and deliverables, manage budgets and contracts.
- Comprehensive and expert knowledge of the interactive software development process.
- Proven expertise at motivating and managing technology leads in planning, developing and communicating industry-leading solutions.
- Proven ability to inspire and maintain a positive atmosphere of innovation and success across a diverse team of engineers; ensuring that your team embodies the shared values of the company.
- Must possess an ability to build key business relationships and contribute to the emerging technology culture within RTS