Inovalon is a leading technology company that combines advanced cloud-based data analytics and data-driven intervention platforms to achieve meaningful insight and impact in clinical and quality outcomes, utilization, and financial performance across the healthcarelandscape. Inovalon's unique achievement of value is delivered through the effective progression of Turning Data into Insight, and Insight into Action.
The Associate Vice President, Software Engineering is a leader who a guide, coaches, mentors, and manages teams representing the Software Engineering function for a major product line or multiple product lines towards high performance. The candidate that fills this role will report to the Senior Vice President, Software Engineering and have an immediate positive impact on our engineering team, clients and company.
- Enhance ongoing strategy for cloud based solutions, new developments, software lifecycle management, and value effectiveness of programs and offer solutions to enhance effectiveness which includes remote workforce accessibility, business continuity and performance;
- Participate with Company leadership in the analysis and strategic development of technology initiatives to identify new and established product and system enhancements which may improve client appeal, process flow, business function, and the overall success of the Company;
- Define and evaluate organizational performance by establishing and measuring goals against business requirements to support execution of organizational strategy;
- Develop organizational capacity through workforce strategy, budget /compensation planning, skills development, acquisition of required tools and technologies to promote highly engaged talent;
- Develop and maintain an expert level of knowledge regarding products and services of the Company to achieve and maintain product and service development and functionality requirements;
- Manage and be ultimately responsible for the design, development, support, and operation of all resident web, thin client, and other such application systems (e.g., VB.NET, ASP.NET, C#.NET, and MS SQL Server, etc.) necessary to achieve the ongoing operation, development, and improvement of Company products, services, and support relationships;
- Manage and be ultimately responsible for all development project and software lifecycle management, code and systems documentation standards;
- Manage and coordinate all staff required for the achievement of the Company's software development initiatives, operations, and functionality;
- Partner with Program and Portfolio Leadership to understand, plan for and meet evolving and emerging future product release resource and technical requirements;
- Participate in Release Management alongside other key Business Owners with an eye to scope management, quality, deployment options, release and market consideration;
- Affirm the principles behind the Agile Manifesto in all interactions and equip the team to do the same Manage and approve staff performance and discipline plans;
- Oversee communication with key stakeholders, officers and senior management to enhance and progress organizational vision and strategy and to determine how best to benefit the Company;
- Develop architectural design frameworks to ensure high quality systems are delivered expeditiously and aligned with business objectives; and
- Drive architecture and software engineering decisions that allow for efficient systems Integrations.
- 10+ years of experience leading software development teams consisting of both onsite and remote resources;
- 5+ years’ experience in managing teams in substantial and complex life cycle software product development or product development;
- Proven success implementing Agile software development methodologies, while establishing and maintaining engineering best practices (e.g. code reviews, testing, continuous release delivery);
- Ability to deep dive as necessary to validate design and technology directions and solve problems;
- Proven knowledge in developing and testing desktop, web-based, and client-server applications;
- Strategic thinker and proven leader with incredibly strong communication and collaboration skills;
- Proven skill in understanding market and technology trends, and client needs and developing product strategy and aligning product plans built directly from client involvement;
- Experience in building solid business strategies which include appropriate return on investment and related business analysis and justification and ability in delivering for the organization;
- Ability to directly and successfully lead, mentor and develop a talented team of high-performing individuals in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills across all levels within the organization;
- Extensive experience in developing and services in a scrum/Agile environment;
- Proven business acumen combined with technical background; and
- Strong project management and communication skills.