The Associate Vice President for Enrollment Services (AVP) reports to the Chief Student Development and Success Officer and is a member of the Student Development and Success (SDS) leadership team. The AVP has principal responsibility for visionary, innovative and strategic leadership in developing a comprehensive enrollment management strategy, develop a model and plan for the university system that fosters an integrative recruitment and admissions effort consistent with the university's strategic goals and objectives. The AVP helps to shape the class and institution academic profile by overseeing the offices, staff and programs for Admissions, Financial Aid and the Registrar and is expected to be an active leader who works closely with academic deans, university leaders, and external constituents to develop and enhance valuable partnerships. The AVP is responsible for expert analysis of educational trends and demographic data and leverages effective utilization and development of human, fiscal and technological resources in the delivery of enrollment services supporting students and approximately $35 million in net revenue tuition annually via student enrollment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads all strategic and operational aspects of Enrollment Services to include the Offices of Admissions, Financial Aid and the Registrar.
- Develops the University's strategic enrollment plan.
- Provides campus-wide leadership, strategic guidance, direction and/or structure by developing, implementing and maintaining a comprehensive student enrollment plan for all students.
- Leverages best practices and ensures unified execution and effective engagement, administrative oversight, and operational direction of the Enrollment Services team to meet student needs and attain goals and objectives.
- Ensures the policies and practices of Enrollment Services comply with federal, state, and agency regulations. Through Financial Aid, facilitate and manage the processes in preparation for successful A-133 Audit, monthly enrollment reporting and reconciliation of data.
- Collects, analyzes and uses enrollment data to meet immediate and long-range university objectives; works closely with cross-divisional research teams to determine the foci and prioritization of comprehensive retention and recruitment strategies.
- Oversees the outreach efforts to actively promote, attract and enroll a diverse student population; provides vision and leadership for the use of technology in recruitment and admissions processes, and networks and collaborates with all levels of the university to build effective relationships and to communicate recruitment strategies and actions.
- Manages the enrollment budget and provides leadership for the professional development of staff as individual and team contributors.
- Collaborates with university stakeholders to develop marketing to prospective students and parents, and coordinates data management activities.
- Ensures NCAA certification for student athletes participating in the University's intercollegiate sports programs.
- Works with all campus constituencies including the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics, the Division of Student Development and Success, and the Office of the Registrar and assists in the development and execution of student financial aid policies, procedures, awards and scholarship programs (including establishing institutional strategies and priorities in awarding financial aid and scholarships).
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Master's Degree in Higher Education Administration, policy, or a closely related field.
- A minimum of seven (7) years of demonstrated successful experience in progressive senior administrative roles and in a leadership position in enrollment management to include admissions, financial aid, registrar and enrollment management.
- Demonstrated experience with projection and predictive modeling and conversion strategies.
- Comprehensive knowledge of technological methodologies and platforms that enhance the overall quality of admissions, registration and records, and the administration of financial aid process and procedures.
- Evidence of exceptional planning, organization, communication, and team-building skills is essential.
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred.