Job ID: 13043BR
Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That’s Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers – and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
Under general supervision, provide intermediate programming, configuring and/or analysis skills for specific system assignments. Manage interaction between the systems and corporate technical support areas when additional support is required. Troubleshoot, conduct impact analysis, and escalate appropriately. Defines technical requirements and has ability to coordinate team resources to solve problems. This job does not lead others.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
Responsible for system programming and analysis tasks of intermediate complexity within a single system or group of small systems. Responsibilities include performing analysis, design, programming and configuration functions (includes defining technical requirements) with a very high degree of accuracy and speed. Performs analysis, assessment and resolution for defects and incidents of intermediate complexity and escalates appropriately. Builds effective relationships with stakeholders. Utilizes business knowledge to explain technical activities in business terms. Seeks opportunities to expand technical knowledge and capabilities. Performs basic project management responsibilities. Coordinates project work with GSO partners. Provides technical guidance and mentorship to less experienced employees. Applies knowledge of current industry trends and techniques to formulate solutions within the context of assigned projects. Other duties as assigned.
High School diploma or equivalent required. 3 years of programming/development experience required.
Education, Work Experience & Knowledge
Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred. 5 years of programming/development experience preferred.
Job Specific & Technical Skills & Competencies
- Strong UI development skills, including HTML, CSS & Less
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong technical, analysis, debugging and problem-resolution skills
- Ability to work effectively in a highly-collaborative team environment
- Experience with Test Driven Development
- Experience with Agile or SAFe
- Experience with a source-code repository (prefer Subversion)
- Knowledge of .NET a plus
- Knowledge of Angular
- Understanding of Web Services including SOAP and WSDL
- Understanding of multithreaded programming
- Experience with SQL and relational databases (SQL Server / Oracle)
- Ability and willingness to quickly learn new applications and technologies
- Experience with test-driven development tools like NUnit/JUnit, NMock, TSQLUnit, JsUnit, NUnitAsp, NCover, MOQ
- Experience with a build scripting language like NAnt/Ant
- Experience with a continuous-integration server like Jenkins
- Experience with scripting languages like Ruby, PowerScript, Python
- Experience with code-analysis tools like FxCop, NDepend
- Experience with object-database persistence tools like NHibernate/Hibernate
- Experience with acceptance testing using tools like FitNesse, FIT, FitLibrary
Technical Knowledge: Demonstrates advanced programming/configuration/analytical skills to achieve business and or technical requirements. Able to work independently. Able to identify and exercise appropriate escalation communications. Demonstrates an aptitude for learning and applying new and/or updated programming languages, techniques, and/or software development disciplines. Demonstrates understanding of the supported business systems. Communication Skills: Ability to communicate thoughts/designs/ideas in an unambiguous manner and adjusts communication based on audience. Exhibits active and effective communication skills with team members – including active listening and effective written and verbal communication skills. Business Knowledge & Partnership: Demonstrates willingness, cooperation, and concern for business issues. Able to understand assigned business unit and business priorities. Able to coordinate with other technical areas to achieve project/department or division goals. Problem Solving & Decision Making: Able to recognize, analyze, and diagnose business and technical problems, incidents, and defects of advanced complexity. Demonstrates theability to make routine decisions independently and recognizes when escalation is necessary. Team Orientation: Ability to build and foster relationships with team, business, and technical partners to achieve objectives. Able torecognize and support team priorities. Leadership: Exhibits team leadership and collaborates with partners. Planning (Project Management): Able to manage time and competing priorities and provide management withaccurate and timely status information. Able to accurately evaluate and estimate tasks. Financial Awareness: Able to understand how the project schedule relates to budget.
Occasional weekend or overnight hours may be required.
Operates standard office equipment. Requires extended periods of computer use. Requires extended periods of sitting.
Licensing or Certificates
Depends on the specific role but some examples may include: ITIL Remedy Java certification Microsoft certification.net Kanban/Agile/SAFe
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.