This position, under the general direction of the manager, provides level 1 customer support services. The team works closely with customers in a caring and thoughtful way to resolve their questions and software usage issues. The individual is expected to become proficient with all aspects of the application software functionality in order to provide expert, knowledgeable service to our school district customers. The individual needs the ability to analyze, diagnose and resolve general application software and/or system related problems. The individual responds to customer product inquiries via telephone or in written,internet-based e-mail. Resolves customer concerns raised during installation of the product line, operation, maintenance or product application or compatibility matters. Interpersonal skills and technical product knowledge and expertise are critical to responding to daily customer-centric activities. The individual documents customer information and recurring technical issues to support product quality programs and product development.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Answers, evaluates and prioritizes incoming telephone, voice mail, email and in-person requests for assistance from users experiencing problems with hardware, software, networking and other computer-related technologies.
- Analyzes and evaluates incident reports and makes recommendations to reduce helpline incident rate.
- Resolves customer issues in a timely manner as per PowerSchool service level agreements
- Interviews user to collect information about the problem and leads the user through diagnostic procedures to determine the source of error.
- Handles problem recognition, research, isolation, resolution, and follow-up for routine user problems, referring more complex problems to supervisor or technical staff.
- Consults with programmers to explain software errors or to recommend changes to programs.
- Calls software and hardware vendors to request service regarding defective products.
- May test software and hardware to evaluate ease of use and whether the product will aid the user in performing work.
- Logs and tracks call using problem management database and maintain history records and related problem documentation.
- Writes software and hardware evaluation and recommendation for management review.
- Prepares standard statistical reports, such as help desk incident reports.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Skills & Requirements
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree, preferably with a major applicable to this role (i.e. Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, Business Administration, Communications, Psychology) or equivalent experience.
- Technical knowledge in Windows2000 Server, IIS,ASP, .Net, SQL, Server, or any technology certification is preferred.
- Flexible to work in shifts (Eastern or Pacific).
- Flexible to be available on weekend on call (rotation coverage).
- General knowledge in the use of standard office equipment (computers, copiers, phones) and standard office software packages such as Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook, Visio & PowerPoint.
- Good knowledge of K-12 education and business processes.
- Requires fundamental writing and presentation skills and the demonstrated competence to effectively present information in either format.
- Requires demonstrated competence in understanding procedures, policies, information, ideas, and instructions.
- Requires demonstrated skill with prioritizing tasks and meeting deadlines.
- Requires demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy.
- Must have strong organizational skills to handle a heavy workload and multiple projects with frequent interruptions and schedule changes.
- Requires the ability to :
- Identify with and support PowerSchool's mission, vision, goals, objectives, and values.
- Follow and adhere to published and/or generally accepted PowerSchool's practices and procedures.
- Comfortably interface with all levels of the organization.
- Work effectively and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with a diverse population of employees and customers.
- Identify and solve standard problems, analyze situations and refer more complex problems to appropriate staff.
- Reason logically, draw valid conclusions and make appropriate recommendations.
- Perform standard arithmetic functions of a transactional nature, including tracking and comparing data.
- Respond to routine inquiries and explain standard policies and procedures to others.
- Support and cooperate with other work departments to complete joint work projects or activities.
- Adjust to change, demonstrate flexibility and patience with changing expectations (e.g. technology, responsibilities, and assignments).
- Work effectively, establish, promote and maintain cooperative and productive relationships with others and as a member of team and unit.
- This position at times may involve traveling to various locations for job fairs