As a Technical Engineer on our production support team, you will be responsible for all aspects of production and technical support for clients using our Managed Accounts solutions platform. This hands-on position requires significant client contact and coordination with internal operations and technology teams to service new and existing clients. TheTechnical Engineer will work with clients analyze, research, and resolve customer support cases.
- Use technical and business prowess to proactively manage and conduct analysis, research, and resolution of customer support cases.
- Ongoing contributions to the production support procedure repository by developing and refining production support procedures, which contribute to overall team efficiencies.
- Contribute to the cross training and onboarding of newer team members, rotation team members and/or interns and coops.
- Answer inbound support calls and triage support inquiries; escalate to team lead if case is outside area of understanding.
- Provide technical support to team members and clients while working to resolve production issues.
- Proactively manage case communication and resolution activities associated with assignedcases, ensuring all activity is accurately described and described with a reasonable amount ofdetail.
- Management of client expectations – excellent communication skills are essential.
- Partner with various internal departments to deliver superior customer service
- Contribute to quality assurance efforts by smoke testing bit drops and platform upgrades in customer UAT, and/or production environments.
- Lead and / or participate in special projects related to client issues, sponsor changes or issues that may impact multiple clients.
- Lead or participate in client meetings as needed.
- Participate as the UAT Ambassador as necessary on client implementation project teams withthe goal of onboarding new clients into production smoothly.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Knowledge, understanding and/or interest of enterprise software implementation lifecycle and aptitude for comprehending enterprise software architecture.
- Desired technical skills - SQL
- Ability to balance and manage multiple, competing priorities.
- Collaborative interpersonal skills and ability to work within cross-functional teams.
- Self-starter who can display good judgment to plan and accomplish goals in complex fast-paced environment
- Excellent customer service mentality and skills.
- Creative problem-solving and analysis skills.
- Ability to handle problem situations quickly, inventively, and resourcefully.
- Project management skills including:Willingness to work extended hours on an as-needed basis
- Ability to prioritize and manage tasks
- Ability to identify, escalate, and manage project issues
- Some knowledge or understanding investment systems (e.g. Portfolio Management, Trading, Middle/Back Office Operations) is a plus.
- BA or BS degree (degree in Business, Finance, MIS, Computer Science or equivalent is a plus).
- The most successful people in this position possess the following traits: intelligent, collaborative, proactive, engaging, dynamic, resourceful, personable, technical, flexible.