I. Summary of the role
Support and ensure high system availability for the server complexes, components, and services under the responsibility of Amadeus Data Processing (ADP), ensuring compliance with pertinent Service Level Agreements. Take ownership of and resolve incidents and problems encountered in a timely and efficient manner. Perform seamless change management with all necessary due diligence. Oversee Incident for Altéa and e-Commerce systems as it relates to Global Operations Information TechnologyInfrastructure Library (ITIL) processes and procedures. Take responsibility for the monitoring and recovery application related incidents. Responsible for improving the incident management process by tracking and analyzing incident trends and implementing projects to minimize incidents, and ensuring that the end user is informed about the resolution of a major incident.
II. Main responsibilities
- Incident Management
- Identification of Incidents
- Restore service or component
- Management escalation
- Incident coordination
- Recommendations for automation improvements
- Identify and flag missing pre-requisites for such changes, following up with the Change Builders & Operations teams.
- Change and release management
- Coordinate and ensure production changes are applied successfully and performed during agreed upon window
- Ensure information required for change and implementation management is accurate and distributed to those tasked with the execution.
- Liaise with appropriate teams to ensure the smooth and efficient handling of changes.
- Other duties as assigned
- Project Work
- Problem Management tasks
- Incident Reduction
- University degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science or related technical field.
- ITIL certification
Relevant work experience:
- Minimum 1yearexperience with at least two of the following
- Excellent analytical ability, strong troubleshooting skills, understanding of how to isolate and diagnose application or system problems
- Experience in running, supporting and managing high availability infrastructures (24/7/365 >99.999% up-time requirements)
- Demonstrate self-initiative and self-motivation
- Intermediate Linux command line skills
- Beginning to intermediate programming / scripting skills
- Intermediate understanding of network concepts
- System and application performance analysis
- Cluster management
- Basic understanding of SQL statements
- Basic understanding of Virtualization concepts
- Basic understanding of Operational Support of Cloud based services (i.e. IaaS, Paas)
- Exposure to project work / project management a plus
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Above average performance in present or previous position for not less than 1year
- UNIX / Linux Based Systems Support/MSWindows2003 Server or higher
- Operational support of virtual systems (i.e. VMWare), IaaS or PaaS
- Work with web based systems (i.e. IIS, Apache, WebLogic)
- Scripting programming skills desirable
Considered a plus: ITIL training, Familiarity with the workings / purpose of Global Distribution Systems
Computing: Very good general IT knowledge
Languages: Excellent spoken / written English skills
Specific knowledge: One or more years of Incident Handling in a Network Operations Center or like environment.
Other: Team work, self-initiative and collaborative troubleshooting skills