Join Martin's Point Health Care - an innovative, not-for-profit health care organization offering care and coverage to the people of Maine and beyond. As a joined force of "people caring for people," Martin's Point employees are on a mission to transform our health care system while creating a healthier community. Martin's Point employees enjoy an organizational culture of trust and respect, where our values - taking care of ourselves and others, continuous learning, helping each other, and having fun - are brought to life every day. Join us and find out for yourself why Martin's Point has been certified as a "Great Place to Work" since 2015.
Accepting applications, now...for two, entry level app/systems developers! If you've had the opportunity to intern, work part or full time in an IT setting and have a desire to deliver on and enhance your development skills...please review the job description below and apply today! Experience with .Net and C# is highly desirable.
The Associate Developer participates in the delivery of simple application development efforts. They will work closely with more senior developers to craft and enhance their skills.
- Code will be developed based on secure coding principles. Ability to understand and translate those principles will be required.
- Participates in efficient and accurate operation of the work unit including: performing assigned work within agreed upon deadlines and reviews work product with other development staff and users.
- All systems are developed using best practices, for programming, security, database development, documentation, and source code management.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of relevant education and experience.
- Education or experience with .NET technologies
Required License(s) and/or Certification(s):
- Demonstrates an understanding of and alignment with Martin's Point Values.
- Provides timely, concise, and audience appropriate information orally and/or in writing.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multitask.
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to work independently and prioritize work.
- Ability to prioritize time and tasks efficiently and effectively for others.
- Beginning understanding of communication venues to ensure delivery of information to MPHC leadership and staff
- Knowledge of health care and health plan operations and issues desired
- Leadership through beginning project management, self-confidence, relationship building, problem-solving and effective communication.
- Participation in the RFP development and execution to inform the decision-making process for system purchases.
- Knowledge of planning and systems and tools.
- Responsible for providing written status for initiatives, including team meetings and reporting in IT project review meetings.
- Teamwork and Relationship with Others: Collaborates with a variety of individuals by establishing and maintaining constructive relationships.
- Learns how to work through times of crisis and methods for getting projects back on track.