The New York Times seeks a highly effective strategic mind to join our advertising sales strategy efforts and ultimately identify insights and inspire ideas that help drive revenue for key advertiser categories. This Health Care focused Associate Strategy Director will bring deep health care experience to this role as they focus on generating creative healthcare and public policy solutions to solve client challenges in collaboration with sales, planning, creative, and program management teams.
Success within T Brand’s Strategy team requires strategic thinking, a passion for media, an editorial mindset, and a high standard for visual presentations, all brought to life through a working understanding of the media and advertising landscape and an ability to translate market trends into advertising and branded content programs.
- Create powerful proposals with effective storytelling that responds to client needs and telegraphs the value of NYT media offerings
- Develop a broad understanding of all New York Times assets
- Lead, collaborate and project manage across relevant departments (including Sales, Ad Product, T Brand Studio, Ad Operations, Research, Marketing, Events, etc.) to create integrated programs for clients
- Develop, articulate and share innovative programs, partnerships, innovations and opportunities
- Research and write content strategy briefs
- Utilize research and data to articulate and support sales stories
- Attend sales calls to pitch advertising and media ideas to mid/senior-level executives
- Effectively manage internal senior stakeholders, communicating proposal and program status to management
- Educate and keep the team abreast of healthcare-specific trends and what opportunities or challenges they might present for our business
- B.A. or B.S.
- 8+ years of cross-platform Advertising experience including extensive media strategy experience
- Detail oriented and capable of/interest in managing a high-volume category
- Extensive experience in working in collaborative sales and marketing processes, including the interaction and strategy required in an advertising sales environment
- A deep understanding of the current social, branded content, digital, mobile and tablet landscapes
- Strong understanding of how to translate the long-term business objectives of advertisers into solutions that could be provided by The New York Times Media Company
- Dynamic team building, leadership and public speaking skills required
- Excellent writing, Google Suite and Keynote skills a must. Design skills preferred.
- Requires excellent writing, communication and self-editing skills, strong organizational and management abilities, creative and strategic thinking, good follow through, and a high degree of comfort when interfacing directly with agency and brand contacts.