What you will do:
- Build speech recognition capable solutions.
- Work with internal clients to understand their needs, explain solutions proposed, answer any questions and engage in joint discussions to come to acceptable agreements around solutions.
- Work as part of a team to implement agreed upon solutions ensuring quality and consistency.
- Develop and modify bilingual Speech IVR applications (English/Spanish) using Dialog designer - includes work with configuration related items such as properties files, etc.
- Work with basic Java and J2EE technology and review/plan interface between IVR and back-end applications using an understanding of Application Servers such as Weblogic.
- Unit test changes and coordinate integration testing efforts with two QA teams. Responsible for satisfying respective teams on the functionality of the developed applications and obtaining approvals.
- Contribute to maintenance of prompt libraries for all existing and new Speech IVR applications. Manage local database changes, writing SQL scripts.
- Work with External Contacts to facilitate IVR Recordings.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer Science, Engineering or a related area of study.
- Some experience of Java development and design skills preferred.
- Telecom experience is a big plus.
- Have knowledge of J2EE, Application server, XML, design patterns and algorithms.
- Have some knowledge of Apache, Unix, and Eclipse.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret complex documents.
- Ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries or complaints.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, interpret data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with multiple abstract and concrete variables.
- Fluency in English (Spanish a plus).