- Supports the Special Advisor in providing guidance and assistance to Health System and Medical Center leadership on a multitude of issues. Collaboratively assists other members of the Special Advisor's Department on various projects.
- Maintains effective collaborative working relationships with the Office of University Counsel external counsel the faculty practice plan and others within the Health System.
- Understands the complexities of an academic medical center and state agency status and tailors guidance accordingly.
- Provides assistance for transactions involving the Medical Center and the Health system as directed by the Special Advisor.
- Provides support in the oversight of regulatory compliance particularly those unique to health care providers and graduate medical education.
- Prepares reports and memoranda as requested by the Special Advisor or Special Advisor personnel.
- Reviews and assists in the preparation revision and interpretation of policies for the Medical Center and the Health System.
- Monitors reviews and advises regarding legislation and regulations of interest to the Health System.
- Conducts research and reviews federal and state law and regulations related to health care or otherwise applicable to the Health System.
- Coordinates and assists in preparation of advice statements white papers and other presentations on legislative and regulatory issues of interest to the Health System.
- Attends external association and internal meetings to represent the interests of the Health System on issues as directed by the Special Advisor.
- Drafts correspondence and other documents as requested.
- Other special projects and duties as assigned by the Special Advisor.
- In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
Position Compensation Range: $111,300.80 - $178,089.60 AnnualMINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
Education: Juris Doctorate degree
Experience: 10 years prior experience with health care regulatory or legal matters with particular focus on transactional and corporate matters and regulatory compliance.
Licensure: Admitted to the Virginia bar or eligible for admission.