ExperienceRequired Less than 1 year
About US SSL is a leading provider of commercial satellites and spacecraft systems, with broad expertise to support satellite operators and innovative space related missions. The company designs and manufactures spacecraft for services such as direct-to-home television, video content distribution, broadband internet, mobile communications, and Earth observation. Based in the heart of the Silicon Valley, SSL's advanced product line also includes state-of-the art small satellites, and sophisticated robotics and automation solutions for remote operations. A career with SSL could shape your future in ways that you've never imagined.
Due to the nature of our business, SSL has export control and security sensitivities that require all of our employees to be a United States Citizen, Permanent Resident of the United States, an Asylee, or a Refugee. SSL is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Job Description
Spacecraft Systems Engineering is an opportunity for involvement in the entire life cycle of high power communications satellites and be on the leading edge of new developments in space. Systems Engineer interact with our internationally-diverse customer and vendor communities, direct complex engineering trade studies, and are integral to requirements definition, verification, and validation.
We are seeking an applicant for an entry-level engineering position. The ideal applicant has experience/interest in 3D modeling, fluid dynamics, structures, mechanisms, mass properties, geometric dimensioning & tolerancing, and design for manufacturing/test.
- Degree in Engineering (Aerospace, Mechanical, Electrical, Robotics, etc.), Calculus-based Physics, or a related field required. Master's degree a plus.
- Some systems engineering experience or education a plus.
- Experience/knowledge of integration and testing preferred.
- Job may require some travel and weekend/off-shift support.
- Job requires clear oral and written communication skills in English. Multi-lingual skills a plus.
- Job requires an experienced user of Microsoft Office suite. Experience with database tools, structured authoring tools, Matlab, python, and/or other tools/programming languages a plus.