Software testing is at the heart of quality assurance at Kinnser and is a critical element in the software development process. The Associate Software Test Engineer will focus on the use of methodologies and techniques as well as tools and technologies. This person will contribute to the development, delivery, and maintenance of software solutions, and will also plan and implement testing and quality assurance initiatives to ensure solution quality before deployment. Candidates must be U.S. citizens or Permanent Residents.
- Analyze test requirements, design/write test cases, and execute tests following standards and best practices. Typical tests may include functional testing, regression testing, system testing, user acceptance testing, performance testing, architecture testing, security testing and test automation.
- Create appropriate test data to effectively execute required test cases.
- Follow, update, and maintain testing standards and procedures.
- Fully document issues in accordance with the issue management system and procedures.
- Work with the team to resolve any issues that arise in the testing process.
- Protect confidentiality of any PHI information if exposed
- Proactively seek to enhance knowledge and experience, drawing on senior colleagues as well as self-study.
- When needed, seek guidance and direction from more seasoned Software Test Engineers, Software Engineers, Software Architects, or Leader.
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned by Leader.
- H.S. Diploma or equivalent, and currently enrolled in college seeking degree or Bachelor's Degree
- Outstanding academic performance (3.0 or higher cumulative GPA)
- Preferred majors are Engineering, Computer Science/Engineering, Information Systems/Decision Sciences, Mathematics, Sciences, or other STEM related majors.
Professional Skill Requirements and Experience:
- At least 1 yearexperience in a Quality Assurance or testing environment or equivalent demonstration of expertise
- Basic knowledge of the fundamental concepts of data communications and data processing hardware and software.
- Knowledge of at least one test tool such as MS, HP (e.g. Quality Center. QTP), SAP TAO, IBM Rational Functional Tester, Open source (SoapUI, Selenium etc.)
- Good general computer skills and proficiency including web browser, e-mail, and Microsoft office skills (especially Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Visio)
- Good oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Desire to work in an information systems environment and develop a career in Quality Assurance and Software Testing
- Ability to work independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Ability to accept and act upon criticism in a positive manner
- Ability to self-direct, effectively prioritize tasks, multi-task, and meet tight deadlines in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technologies, methods, and processes.