Who are we?
We are Fire & Security Products, a subdivision of Climate, Controls & Security in UTC. We have industry leading brand names such as Lenel and Interlogix in advanced security systems. We serve top Fortune 100 companies to provide the most trusted, innovative, integrated and intelligent security solution in the world!
What are the challenges and how will you make an impact?
We are re-architecting our software product, and we need a robust suite of automated tests for our new services and interfaces, as well as a thorough analysis of appropriate test cases to run against those services and interfaces.
What will you be doing?
- Working on an Agile software delivery team, designing, developing and implementing automated testing for new sets of features applicable to the software as it’s being developed.
- Evaluating business requirements and creating positive and negative test cases to comprehensively test those requirements.
- Using various testing tools to ensure the highest level of product quality.
- Identifying interdependencies between subsystems and collaborate with peers to plan appropriate integration testing.
- Analyzing and reproducing real-world scenarios in our test environment. One of your primary goals is to reduce overall test cycles.
- Creating performance tests to test the limits of our systems.
What growth opportunities will you have with us?
You will be part of the growing QA team within our organization. You will have an opportunity to develop critical skills needed to grow in your career while working on exciting and innovative products. You will also have the opportunity to learn more about our product, technology and industry which will equip you for other exciting roles that you may aspire to.
- 1-3 years solid experience in software testing and developing/executing automation scripts to test software
- Strong understanding of Software Quality Assurance (SQA) concepts and practices to continually assess the risks and quality of products and releases
- Knowledge with various types of testing tools and methodologies. CA Agile Central (Rally), HP ALM (QC), HP UFT, Selenium, C#, Java, Visual Studio
- Experience working with Microsoft Windows and Linux-based operating systems
- Strong problem-solving and multi-tasking skills, detail oriented with the ability to drive tasks to completion and on schedule
- Solid team-orientation and communication skills
What would make us drop everything and pick up the phone to call you?
- You have strong computer science background to write automation scripts.
- You have knowledge of distributed systems, network structure and security, testing and automation tools, system analysis, and metrics.
- You like to use data to drive decisions.
- You are highly motivated to achieve both business and career goals.
- Four-year college degree or equivalent (while having a degree shows your ability to learn, we encourage you to apply for the job if you have the experience and qualifications outlined above)
Job ID 62414BR