Description: This position will be working in the Medicare Business Engine team within our HP BIO team. The Health Plan BIO is responsible for managing the delivery of systems and technologies that support KP's Health Plan strategies and operations. Its strategy is to systematically migrate the health plan portfolio toward a common set of applications.
This individual contributor is primarily responsible for supporting the development of the software quality assurance test strategy under the guidance of senior team members, while supporting the company's Global Quality Services Framework and end-to-end quality assurance.
- Completes work assignments by applying up-to-date knowledge in subject area to meet deadlines; following procedures and policies, and applying data and resources to support projects or initiatives; collaborating with others, often cross-functionally, to solve business problems; supporting the completion of priorities, deadlines, and expectations; communicating progress and information; identifying and recommending ways to address improvement opportunities when possible; and escalating issues or risks as appropriate.
- Pursues self-development and effective relationships with others by sharing resources, information, and knowledge with coworkers and customers; listening, responding to, and seeking performance feedback; acknowledging strengths and weaknesses; assessing and responding to the needs of others; and adapting to and learning from change, difficulties, and feedback.
- Provides input into test plans and timelines.
- Helps develop testing scope and approach.
- Assists in the review and validation of testable business processes, test data, and test environment requirements, under supervision of others.
- Identifies and documents test defects, under the supervision of others.
- Identifies and documents issues and risks related to testing, under the supervision of others.
- Assists in the review of functional specifications to ensure business and architectural requirements are testable.
- Adheres to entry and exit criteria according to Kaiser testing standards with guidance from senior team members, as appropriate.
- Participates in the development of test scenarios and the execution of test cases across all testing phases (e.g., SIT, Performance, UAT, Automation, Production, Validation).
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, CIS, or related field OR Minimum two (2) years IT experience, including Minimum one (1) year experience in SQA, software testing, or related field.
- One (1) year experience working in a large matrixed organization.
- One (1) year experience working on project(s) involving the implementation of software development life cycle(s) (SDLC).
- One (1) year experience writing IT technical documentation.