$80K - $100K(Ladders Estimates)
Are you ready to level up your career? At Scientific Games, we are committed to making the best games, platforms and systems in the world. We are looking for smart, passionate and creative people to join our team and help us transform the gaming world. We are a global, industry-leading gaming technology company that embraces challenge, fosters an inclusive culture, values integrity, innovation and winning, and is committed to developing and supporting its people.
Whether you are a member of our award winning game studios, our industry leading systems group, product management, manufacturing group, services or any of our other amazing Gaming teams, you will be creating compelling games played around the world. We are dedicated to being the industry's only COMPLETE global solutions provider with products that will enhance the entire gaming operation, both on the casino floor and behind the scenes.
If you are ready to play…Come join us and let's make games!
The person in this position is responsible for development, designing, testing, coding and integrating software/embedded products. Troubleshoots and debugs software defects. Reviews, interprets, and executes software/embedded requirements and specifications.
Essential Job Functions:
• Performs high-level design and development of assigned embedded related projects
• Creates high-level and/or detailed analysis on the design of various components to be used in the Company's Gaming and System products
• Tests, integrates, writes, troubleshoots, and debugs embedded software applications
• Develops and produces new games while adding to the main game libraries
• Plans, codes, tests, demonstrates, and trains fellow engineers on software engineering practices followed by Company standards and practices
• Maintains liaison with engineers, and other groups such as marketing and sales regarding relevant issues
• Documents all tasks performed, solutions to issues, and implementation process
• Researches new technologies and incorporates them into new gaming/systems products
Training and/or Experience:
• Zero to three years of experience in software/embedded system development and on personal computer software and hardware integration tasks
• Experience with either software engineering/embedded software/computer/electrical engineer experience with software exposure
• Gaming industry experience is preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to share expertise and train subordinates
• Ability to multi-task and work independently
• Good working knowledge and understanding of software modeling in real-time response environments
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills
• Development, improvement, and analysis of serial communications protocols
• Experience with various operating systems
• Knowledge of software development life cycle
• Bachelor's degree required, preferably BSEE, BSCE, BSEET, or BSCS or equivalent work experience
Valid Through: 2019-10-25