This position will be responsible for designing, developing and installing the new motion control software tools and application as well as maintaining the existing motion control software tools and application. Work under the direct supervision of the Software Engineering Manager to ensure the design requirements are fulfilled.
Duties will include:
- Develop motion control software using new technologies such as C# and .NET (including UI, business logic or motion control components based ondevelopment goals)
- Support and maintain existing software.
- Execute full lifecycle software development.
- Contribute as an Agile team member toward defining and achieving iteration goals.
- Write design specification to support the design.
- Demonstrate design by developing work flow, flowcharts, and layouts.
- Write well-designed, testable, efficient code.
- Integrate software components into a fully functional software system.
- Update job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities.
- Document and maintain software functionality.
- Represent Omron Delta Tau in a professional, ethical, and socially responsible manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- 0-1 years of software development experience through classes, internship or work opportunities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Familiarity with software development methodology and release processes.
- Ability to learn new techniques and share knowledge in a small-team environment.
- Work independently and as a team member.
- Good self-organizational skills, able to multi-task.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Results-oriented, able to take projects and guide them to completion independently.
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions ofthe Associate Software Engineer. Reasonable accommodation can be made toenable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions.
While performing the responsibilities of the Associate Software Engineer, theemployee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers. This employee work involves sitting most of the time and required occasionally to stand and walk. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision for extensive computer use for programming, analyzing data and figures.
These work environment characteristics are representative of the environment the job holder will encounter. Reasonable accommodations may be made toenable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
While performing the duties of Associate Software Engineer, the employee is subject to inside environmental conditions. The employee may need to travelto customer site occasionally. The position is not substantially exposed toadverse environmental conditions.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. But, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or workingconditions associated with the position.