This role is responsible for designing databases, authoring stored procedures and optimizing query performance, as well as assist in the testing/troubleshooting of these systems and documenting new and existing applications.
- Utilize programming languages and related technologies to develop both internal and client-facing web interfaces and applications.
- Design databases, author stored procedures and optimize query performance.
- May assist in testing, troubleshooting and/or debugging software programs during product development and post implementation.
- Maintain and document existing and new applications.
- Work with cross functional, globally dispersed development teams to support development efforts to meet business requirements.
- Provide support for requests from management within and outside of the department regarding existing and future applications.
- Interpret business functions, understand functional requirements, and researching and resolving system problems.
- May interact with users to assist and provide support.
ERS Credit Assessment and Orig
- Undergraduate/first-level degree (e.g., Bachelor’s degree) in information systems, computer science, computer engineering or equivalent.
- 0 - 1 years of experience.
- Experience using web-related programming languages such as VB/C#/C++, HTML, XML/XSL or ASP.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of the software development life cycle, and system and application program development.
- Excellent written and oral communication, interpersonal and consultative skills.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.