Associate Software Engineer in Test
Kibo, a global leader in omnichannel commerce, enables retailers and brand manufacturers to sell anywhere and fulfill everywhere. Our multi-tenant SaaS suite of software powers $7B in commerce annually for over 400 clients. We focus exclusively on mid-market merchants with a solution set built for scale and growth that doesn’t sacrifice usability and flexibility. Our team of industry professionals partner with our clients to ensure that they are leveraging the latest and greatest in best practices and technology and together, we are shaping the future of retail.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual interested in driving high quality software development! You will be contributing to the development effort of several enterprise level multi-tenant SaaS solutions, as well as mobile applications. The primary focus of this position is to drive high quality by building automated tests and tools that enable engineering wide efficiencies. You are passionate about creating superior software.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Works with developers, develops and executes the test strategy (plans, cases, etc.) for assigned areas.
- Provides technical expertise on specific products, operating systems and specialized environments.
- Logs defects into issues database and tracks them through closure.
- Configures workstations and operating environments as needed to complete assigned testing.
- Reports test results and maintain schedules for assigned features and functionality.
- Demonstrates the ability to understand and write automation code (Java, Python, Ruby)
- Has ability to analyze a problem and complete detailed reports.
- Possesses strong theoretical knowledge in software testing.
- Highly team oriented; able to thrive in an agile development environment with few barriers to creativity. Passion for quality
- Experience working in an agile environment with interest in progression
Skills & Requirements
- 1+ years experience
- Experience with or knowledge of test automation best practices strongly desired
- Working knowledge of Selenium preferred
- Strong knowledge of web and internet technologies
- Knowledge with software development life cycle
- Excellent documentation skills communicating with technical and non-technical internal staff
- Experience with Java and/or other programming languages
- Experience in creation of test plans
- Experience in creating test cases
- Manual / Functional testing
- Strong troubleshooting skills