Job Description To be fully engaged in providing Quality/No Harm, Customer Experience, and Stewardship by providing information services that consistently exceed our customers’ expectations and support the corporate objectives of Health First, Inc. This position will work on the development of applications to improve end-user productivity and streamline organizational processing, under direct supervision. The Associate Software Engineer will support a multi-tier architecture, including servers, databases, and client and network configuration on assigned application systems. As a technical associate, this position maintains applications that are crucial to the success of HF. This position works under the direction of a Manager of Application Development. Primary Accountabilities
- Maintains currency of hardware and/or software and vendor information utilizing the Health First Information Systems Standard Templates (Application Documentation Template v1, Server Documentation Template v1, Troubleshooting Documentation Template v1) and all associated Policies and Procedures (i.e. IT 8.02) for areas of primary responsibility, thereby providing a valuable resource needed to support daily operations and the Health First emergency preparedness mission. Shall create, review and update documentation on an annual basis for responsible systems including, but not limited to FAQ's, configuration, procedures and workflow as appropriate in the standard format. Documentation shall support normal system operations, downtime operations, and disaster preparedness requirements.
- Takes action to insure system policies and procedures for applications of primary responsibility are documented and followed to maintain the optimal level of security and confidentiality of information. Assists with maintaining policies, procedures, and instruction sets to ensure a secure application and aide in system recovery. Reviews and updates documentation annually.
- Monitors and analyzes performance during testing, and communicates results to the appropriate project team members following through with issues to resolution.
- Performs routine duties independently; discusses or seeks approval on moderate to very complex matters with the appropriate team members.
- Works on the interface design, and testing for the applicable applications as directed by the Sr. DBA or Sr. Software engineers. Provides basic knowledge in the installation, and performance monitoring for the assigned applications during installations.
- Works on issues appropriate for level of experience relative to the installed application. Troubleshoots and maintains, according to design, the operating system/application software system for cost effective and efficient operation.
- BS in Computer Science or a field related to the primary area of responsibility preferred.
- Working knowledge of .NET, Stored Procedures, Database (SQL), HTML, and XML.
- Working knowledge of SQL Server or Oracle database management systems
- Knowledge of Object Oriented Programming
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment and interact favorably with people.