Associate Software Engineer
Blackboard helps shape the future of education by delivering technology and services solutions that transform the learning experience. We continually innovate to better enable educators, parents, and learners of all types to teach, learn, connect and communicate whenever they want and wherever they are. We partner with educational institutions globally in the higher education, K-12 and professional education markets to improve the education experience both inside and outside the classroom by facilitating access to information, enabling stronger student engagement and collaboration, enhancing communication, and supporting student safety, success and institutional effectiveness. Most importantly, we help every student achieve their full potential through access to lifelong learning.
As a member of the Blackboard Product development team, you will have the opportunity to join the group responsible for developing industry leading SaaS products and web service platforms. If you enjoy an agile development environment, strong interest and experience in web application design and development, we want to talk to you.
- Hands on technical design, coding and implementation of product features
- Technical collaboration with other architects and product designers contributing to overall architectural vision of cloud service infrastructure in support of Blackboard’s e-learning initiatives
- Enhance and support existing cloud-based products. Design and implement new features
- Communicates progress and escalates issues to management in a timely manner
The candidate will have B.S. in Computer Science or related field with 1-2years ofexperiencewith Web Application development
- Act as an engineer on development team responsible for developing features and fixing bugs on our industry leading CMS Platform
- Develop broad and deep knowledge on existing software architecture.
- Collaborate in a cross-functional agile team to solve challenging technical problems with innovative solutions.
- Follow best practices and methodologies to produce desired software on time with superior quality.
- Exceptional object oriented design and implementation skills preferably with C#.NET.
- Deep Understanding of Service Oriented Architectures and RESTful Web Service best practices.
- Demonstrated ability to incorporate beneficial software design patterns and identifying performance anti-patterns.
- Ability to design for scalable, distributed, high availability applications in the Cloud.
- Hands on experience with SQL Programming (MS SQL Server)
- Experience participating in agile and fast-paced software development methodologies like XP or Scrum
- Strong analytical skills with excellent problem solving
- Experience with Java or Python programming
- Experience in front end framework such as Angular or React
- iOS or Android development experience
- Knowledge of Microservices architecture