The Associate Software Developer, C# / SQL Server, is a position on the IT team dedicated to the AST division and is responsible for the implementation and ongoing system support for the ODMS application suite, used in all AST locations.
There will be interaction with business users to understand issues, gather change requirements, coordinate testing and implement solutions. Participation in team and / or project meetings, to schedule work and discuss status, will be required.
Support of the applications would include resolving issues reported by users. Resolution process will include, but not limited to, investigating reported bugs, modifying application code to resolve application issues, developing scripts to fix data issues, making program changes, testing fixes and applying changes to production.
This position will work on development requests and projects. This position will be expected to take joint responsibility for software development tasks. Development tasks will include, but not limited to, interacting with business to gather requirements, designing and developing technical solutions, unit testing programs, user testing, documentation and implementation. Requests involve development of new forms/screens, reports, alerts, interfaces and data conversion programs.
The position also requires staying abreast with changes in technology, programming languages, and software development tools. Staying up to date on changes and upgrades to related software development tools will also be required.
Application Administration - 30%
- Monitors interfaces and critical programs in production systems for errors, performance and any other abnormality
- Provides support for assigned applications modules and related integrations
- Troubleshoots and resolves problems reported by users of these modules and applications.
- Investigates issues reported by system users.
- Develops fixes for issues
- Develops changes to programs to resolve issues
- Investigates setup or configuration changes required to support business processes
- Works with other team members, DBA team and other teams to resolve issues
- Works with Business Process Owner(s) to test and make changes to Applications setup or configurations to resolve issues
Application Development – 70%
- Reviews and understands business requirements for development tasks assigned
- Develops new programs or makes changes to existing programs, according to business requirements.
- Develops test scripts and tests programs according to business requirements
- Does performance tuning of programs, screens and other objects when performance issues are reported
- Works with business users to test programs in Development and Test environments.
- Writes technical documentation
- Works with DBA, System Administration teams to migrate programs to Test and Production environments
- Works with Business Process Owners to investigate new functionality
- Works on Application upgrades
- Participates in the validation process.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
- Microsoft Visual Studio C# developer certification and 5 years of commensurate work experience accepted in lieu of degree.
- Entry level position requires no work experience. Prefer some experience with Microsoft Visual Studio C# and Microsoft SQL Server; this experience can be from college coursework.
- Prefer at least one year of IT experience that included supporting software or applications and providing end user support.
- Basic knowledge of computers and applications required, obtained through technical or college course work or work experience.
- Knowledge of at least one programming language and design technique.
- Some knowledge of relational databases preferred.
- Strong professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with business and project team members.
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team environment, helping peers resolve issues.
- Ability to work with little supervision and within changing priorities.
- Ability to analyze requirements and troubleshoot problems.