Do you like solving problems? Do you like new development? Are you interested in being a developer in a challenging, rewarding, and fast-paced team environment? Now is your chance. The LRS® Retirement Solutions Group is seeking a software developer in Springfield, Illinois based on the increasing number of customers implementing our PensionGold software.
The LRS Retirement Solutions Group has been the leading provider of pension administration software and retirement services since 1987. The current web-based version of PensionGold uses a service-oriented architecture and is developed with Microsoft .Net Framework Version 4.0 tools.
You will be part of the Product Support Team that is focused on developing partnerships with customers across North America and providing high quality support for the PensionGold products they use. You will be responsible for the technical analysis and solution development of reported software issues. You will also provide new technical design and development of software enhancements and custom features for your customers and perform release management activities. You will work as team with our Business Analysts in creatively solving your customers needs. The solutions you develop will be done using proprietary visual development tools, Visual Studio 2010, C#, ASP.NET and SQL Server. As a support developer, you will be expected to adhere to PensionGold’s full Product Development Life Cycle process and methodologies.
You will be based at our headquarters in Springfield, Illinois. This position may require occasional travel to client sites which are located nationwide. The travel will consist of short stays at a client site during the week. The travel does not include extended or long term trips.
- 30 to 60 days - Develop an understanding of the PensionGold technical platform and development tools. Verbally demonstrate this understanding to management and other PensionGold employees.
- 30 to 60 days - Perform various UI development tasks using Visual Studio 2012 and Team Foundation Server. Assignments will require a thorough understanding of the support developer standards, ASP.Net Web Forms, and C#.
- 60 to 90 days – Demonstrate a high-level understanding of the PensionGold database model and be able to effectively access and manipulate data using SQL.
- 6 months – Participate in client software updates/releases and serve as primary developer on one or more projects.
- 1 year - Create, maintain, and debug business processes using an internal visual development tool. Work should be completed consistently and meet quality and time expectations.
- 1 year - Develop a high-level understanding of the PensionGold product functionality. Communicate effectively with developers, business analysts, and managers and effectively respond to client questions and application issues.
Knowledge of relational database concepts, T-SQL development and experience with Microsoft SQL Server will make you a stronger candidate.
You must have permanent authorization to work in the USA. No visa sponsorships are available.
Effective teamwork and communication skills are a must.
Your success will be judged on your ability to provide high quality, technical support to all PensionGold applications. Excellent teamwork and effective communication skills are a must.
Self-motivation, flexibility, persistence, and attention to detail are critical to success in this position. The ability to handle multiple tasks and to prioritize work in order to maintain productivity as well as good troubleshooting and creative problem-solving skills are essential.