General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We have an exciting opportunity as a Software Developer to join our Software group in Poway, CA.
Under general supervision and with on-going review this position researches, designs, develops and/or modifies enterprise-wide end-user, system level, and data management software applications. Responsible for meeting software compliance standards; evaluates integration of software applications with the overall computing environment; and documentation, testing, maintenance, and software updates. Communicates with domain experts, users, and management throughout the software development lifecycle.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Determine user requirements and specifications and plan for software development within the broader organizational scope. Software development includes end-user, system level, and data management applications.
- Formulate detailed plans for the implementation of software solutions. In addition to program design this includes determining language, platform, and resource requirements.
- Implementation of design including coding, testing, and documentation.
- Deployment of applications across the enterprise including cross- platform compliance and insuring availability of necessary resources.
- Code maintenance including debugging and updating to keep pace with the evolving environment.
- Assist in planning for future applications based on new developments in computer technology.
- Communicate with the software developer group, with users, and with management as well as with the wider community.
- Maintain the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Typically requires a bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related engineering discipline. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Must have a basic understanding of software development concepts, principles, and theory, and demonstrate the ability to follow and apply basic use of programming and analysis concepts.
- Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly and apply them accurately throughout an dynamic and fast-pace environment.
- Good communication, computer and interpersonal skills are required to enable an effective interface with other professionals, to produce appropriate documentation, and to present results to a limited internal audience. The ability to work both independently and on a team is essential.
- Able to work extended hours as required
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance is required.
- U.S. citizenship required.