- Design fault-tolerant distributed systems which can scale with our client base. Follow through with the full cycle of software development, to include Cloud deployments and monitoring in AWS
- Collaborate with other members in the team in order to translate requirements into shippable implementation
- Perform analysis of requirements working with the Product Owner and Business Analysts
- Work with technical lead to understand the high-level design and ensure it meets business and technical requirements
- Create Proof of Concepts as needed
- Review code
- Work independently executing technical assignments. Make independent decisions and take action within established practices and procedures
- Deliver all assigned tasks with a high degree of quality and consistency.
- Be highly collaborative in nature and demonstrate the ability to provide regular updates to Product Owner, Scrum Master and other members of the team.
Required Skills / Knowledge / Experience:
- Prior experience in software development
- Experience working with at least one Cloud IaaS or PaaS, such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP), DigitalOcean, or Heroku
- Understanding of basic Linux and command line usage
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to analyze and infer requirements, working in an Agile team environment
- JUnit Testing
- Well versed in Object Oriented Design and Principles.
- Design patterns – Java and J2EE
- Experience with ReSTful Web Services
- Knowledge of GIT
- Experience with databases such as PostGres and the ability to understand and write queries
Desired Skills / Knowledge / Experience
- Higher education domain and system experience.
- Application Performance Tuning