IDEMIA, is the leader of secure identification solutions used in a variety of applications with emphasis on the United States driver licenses market. Our comprehensive solutions offer a complete portfolio of solutions and services with more than 200 local and national government programs that rely on IDEMIA for their driver licenses and secure ID documents. Today we produce more than 60 million documents annually.
The Project Manager, based in the Albany, NY or Ewing, NJ area, will report to the Director of Program Management and be assigned to client, development and internal infrastructure projects.
Essential Job Functions (includes but is not limited to):
- Maintain portfolio of process artifacts and templates. Update and revise as needed and train participants on their use.
- Communicate project status via dashboards and other reports
- Develop, track and publish PMO and project metrics
- Work with functional managers to define and monitor resource requirements/constraints and communicate/resolve resource issues. Ensure functional areas update estimates in internal resource tracking tool.
- Hold regular status meetings with IDEMIA’s Program Office leadership and other management.
- Develop clear program plans with all necessary functional areas aiming at addressing all project knowledge areas.
- Work with all functional areas to keep project tasks on track and escalate deviations from plan.
- Manage project budgets throughout the life of the project.
- Manage internal clients’ expectations during the entire course of project.
- Hold project kick-off meeting to review specifications, schedule and team roles and responsibilities.
- Draft and follow communication plan that documents project meeting and status reporting requirements.
- Direct the development of requirements, project overviews and other artifacts used in the program/project/product development processes.
- Hold regular project meetings with the project team to monitor project execution, control project scope, schedule and budget and manage change.
- Maintain communication with technical management to ensure timely resolution of any technical problems or questions.
- Facilitate project team’s navigation through IDEMIA’s program or product development methodology and enforce gate checklists completion.
- Properly close the project, including holding a project close meeting with the team.
Note: In addition to the Essential Functions, also performs similar work-related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Intermediate Proficiency in Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Basic Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Project and Visio)
- Knowledge of Enrollment Center Operations, Standards, and SOPs
- Ability to achieve compliance to above and motivate others to do so as well
- Strong team player attitude and the ability to work as a member of a virtual team
- Ability to motivate team members to achieve collective goals/standards
- Ability to communicate effectively and persuasively via written or oral communication channels to all levels of management
- Ability to multi-task assignments and prioritize workload accordingly in a fast-paced environment
- Efficient organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to demonstrate and follow through on deliverables
- Strong work ethic and the ability to adapt in a fast-changing environment, and strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
- Outstanding management skills and an ability to work at all levels in the organization
- Three years in project/program management.
- Project management experienceworking with cross-functional teams from project conception, through development, test, pilot and delivery.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills with the ability to manage a geographically distributed or matrix team.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects and priorities concurrently.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong proficiency in MS Office applications including MS Project, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Visio.
- Understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) process
- Ability to travel occasionally.
- Experience in delivering complex information technology based systems.
- Demonstrated ability to assemble a small team (5-20) of talented individuals to design and implement client programs or products/enhancements, motivate the team during implementation, negotiate resources for their use, and maintain customer satisfaction while remaining on schedule and on budget.
- Demonstrated ability to be decisive in the face of rapid change and uncertainty
- Strong "hands-on" knowledge of software/systems and related information technology, coupled with a demonstrated capability to apply this knowledge.
- Strong business acumen with the appropriate interpersonal skills and ability to manage all business functions; marketing, manufacturing, development and customers.
- Understanding of P&L implications and decision making at the enterprise level.