Are you looking to join a Big Data Analytics team and use cutting edge cloud and big data technologies to process data at scale and predict business outcomes? Look no further.
The Associate Senior Big Data Engineer is responsible for architecting and developing Cerner’s enterprise data lake (Microsoft Azure Data Lake Store) and analytics applications.
This consists of analyzing data requirements and data sources to identify ingestion methods to consolidate and catalog data into the enterprise data lake, as well as architecting distributed data processing workloads and compute operations to meet the analytics needs of Cerner's business units.
The Associate Senior Big Data Engineer must lead technical design for data analytics projects. Other architecture and development tasks will include prototyping new services and workloads within the Microsoft Azure cloud computing environment to meet business data analysis needs and requirements for Cerner's internal data scientists and business analysts.
The Associate Senior Big Data Engineer must have SQL, Java, Python, and/or C# programming and experience in big data technologies (Hadoop, HDFS, Hbase, Map/Reduce, Java, Scala, Apache Kafka, and Apache Spark is preferred.).
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (CS), Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or related area, or equivalent relevant work experience
- At least 1 year of software development work experience
- 2+ years software development experience with Java, Scala, or Python
- 2+ years of Big Data Technologies (i.e. Spark, Hadoop, Map/Reduce, Kafka)
- 2+ years of ETL or Data Warehousing experience
- Willing to work additional or irregular hours as needed and allowed by local regulations
- Work in accordance with corporate and organizational security policies and procedures, understand personal role in safeguarding corporate and client assets, and take appropriate action to prevent and report any compromises of security within scope of position
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned