- MBA with undergraduate focus in a heavily quantitative discipline (Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Computer Science, etc.) or;
- Ph.D. degree in Business/Finance (ideally focused on risk), Economics, Statistics/Mathematics, Physics, Operations Research, Engineering, etc. or;
- Master’s degree in Finance, Financial Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research, etc.
- Typically 5+ years experience in risk management in any industry sector (healthcare or pharmaceutical a plus) and/or experience in a consultancy (with risk focus) and/or comparable experience in banking (corporate workouts a plus), insurance, risk regulation & compliance [AML, fraud, KYC, etc.], data privacy, IT/Tech risk, supply chain, climate risk, crisis management, trading/intermediation with significant exposure to risk, or contract/asset structuring
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively – both verbally and in writing – in English and the local office language(s)
- Willingness to travel
WHO YOU'LL WORK WITH
You’ll work with our Risk Practice in our New York office. This global practice supports clients in many different industries facing challenges of developing and implementing tailored concepts for risk recognition, measurement, and control.
Facing extreme volatility in financial and commodity markets, more and more of our clients are realizing that effective, risk-informed strategy can offer a major source of competitive advantage. We take a truly global, cross-sector, cross-functional view of risk issues, combining McKinsey’s deep industry insight and strategic skills with a structured risk-management approach, proven methodologies focused on true transformation, analytical tools, and practical implementation.