Our Channel Marketing Group, located in Stamford and Baltimore, MD, is currently seeking an Associate Retail and Wealth Management Channel Marketing Manager.
We’re looking for a bright, enthusiastic Associate Channel Marketing Manager who will assist the National Broker Dealer and Independent Broker Dealer Channel Marketing Manager in the development and execution of marketing strategy and related deliverables/communications designed to drive flows (primary) and retain assets (secondary) for the Legg Mason product platform. Marketing plans and activities will include both channel/partner-specific and cross-channel communications/initiatives and must align with the goals and longer-term growth strategy of US Distribution.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders from National Accounts, Field Sales, Marketing and Product teams as well as external clients to gauge demand, prioritize, develop and deliver on desired initiatives and communications promoting Legg Mason-affiliated strategies offered in different vehicles, and value-added programs sold/supported through distributors. Examples include:
- Launch plans for new mandates available on partner platforms within the Retail and Wealth Management channels.
- Focus product campaigns representing Legg Mason's independent investment manager capabilities and offerings that are best aligned to capitalize on sales goals and market opportunities.
- Participation in strategic partner-firm and industry events.
- Assist in management of marketing activities from development to delivery, including creation of email campaigns, content approval and delivery.
- Project management of small projects effecting one firm or one channel.
- Respond to the daily business requests from the sales and national account teams.
- Maintain a strong understanding of the financial services industry, Legg Mason's distribution model, and the competitive marketplace in order to utilize knowledge to inform strategic channel plan development.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- 5-7 years of experience in the Financial Services Industry (former channel-marketing, sales, and/or national accounts experiencepreferred)
- Solid understanding of the, Insurance, and Retirement sales process
- Excellent interpersonal and client relationship skills at all organizational levels
- Strong project management, organizational and execution skills with high attention to detail
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple, multi-faceted projects concurrently
- Self-directed: ability to establish objectives and work independently to achieve them, seeking manager's input as needed
Req. # 2018-3121