The Wong laboratory is atranslational oncology laboratory, whose goal is to improve the outcomes of lung cancer patients. The lab focuses on advancing the understanding of genetic and tumor immune alterations involved in lung tumorigenesis and pathogenesis.
- Will work with leading academic clinicians and basic scientists as well as scientists from premier biotech and pharmaceutical companies, will conduct groundbreaking work to elucidate fundamental understanding of the molecular underpinnings of lung cancer.
- Will do pioneering work on the interplay of genetics, tumor immune infiltrate, and therapeutics in pre-clinical lung cancer models with the ultimate goal of developing rational treatment hypotheses to be tested in the clinic.
- Must contribute significantly at the bench and also demonstrate aptitude in organization aspects such as managing laboratory technicians and collaborating with clinical staff and industry/biotech.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the organizations Core Values and incorporates them into the performance of duties.
- Initiates, interprets, organizes, executes, and coordinates research assignments critical to departments mission.
- Formulates and conducts research on problems of considerable scope and complexity.
- Explores subject area and defines scope and selection of problems for investigation through conceptually related studies or series of projects of lesser scope.
- Makes decisions and recommendations that have a major impact on extensive scientific research activities.
- Develops new ideas that promote current research. Exercises a high degree of creativity, foresight, and mature judgment in planning, organizing, and guiding extensive scientific research programs and activities of outstanding novelty and/or importance.
- May manage the operations of a lab for the Principal Investigator by supervising Post Docs and technicians. Oversees the maintenance and upkeep of all instruments and laboratory facilities.
- Ensures timely and accurate completion of research projects.
- May provide students with technical guidance and direction in the operation of various sample preparation techniques, extraction lines, and equipment as well as general laboratory practices and safety protocols
- May seek grant funding from external sources in support of their independent research projects with consent of the PI and the Department Chair. May participate in writing grant proposals.
- May be responsible research/lab quality control and compliance.
- May develop protocol for the collection and quality of research data.
- Develops research techniques and methodologies.
- May determine and establish laboratory policies, procedures and practices.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of the advances in specialized fields through attendance of scientific conferences.
- May make significant contributions to scientific papers. Is a resource/ author/ co-author for reports and presentations.
- May provide recommendations for equipment purchases and for the redesign of lab space.
- May coordinate the activity and experimental design between various labs, scientific staff, and collaborators. Identifies and resolves technical problems.
- May serve on internal committees to help further goals of research projects and bring new expertise to the research program.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
To qualify you must have a MS Degree and 1 years professional experience in cancer biology, immunology or biological sciences.
Molecular biology, genomic analysis, biochemistry & cell biology, In vivo pharmacology, Immunology experience, Multi-Flow cytometry;
Cell culture experience.
Job ID: 1050152_RR00026177