Position Summary and Key Responsibilities:
Non-tenure track faculty appointment to support clinical trials and pre-clinical research in the newly created Hematology Institute: Leukemia Center. Joint appointment in Hematology Institute and Biostatistics in the Research Professor series, rank consistent with qualifications and experience. Supervisor: Joycelynne M. Palmer, PhD.
- Doctorate in applied biostatistics/statistics or similar field.
- Experience in designing and analyzing clinical trials, including co-authoring grant proposals, protocols and peer-reviewed publications.
- Ability to support broad pre-clinical research.
- Excellent computing skills and a publication record documenting both self-directed and collaborative research.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple collaborations.
- Experience in Hematology or Oncology.
- Experience analyzing biomarker data.
- Knowledge of clinical trials designs incorporating biomarkers.
- Ability to write efficient programs in R and/or SAS
Contribute to Hematology Institute/Leukemia Center research agenda through independent and collaborative research resulting in presentations and publications.
The incumbent may also perform some or all of the following responsibilities:
- Contributing to the science through collaborative and independent research including co-authoring papers and protocols;
- Serving as statistician on preclinical/clinical studies, trial protocols;
- Developing, evaluating and making publicly available computer code following principles of reproducible research;
- Development of novel statistical methodologies;
- Delivering talks on the results of the research;
- Maintaining current knowledge of and contributing to advancements in the field through participation in professional organizations, scientific conferences, reading industry journals, and publication of manuscripts;
- Performing other tasks as required.