Associate Relations Manager
The primary purpose of this position is to support our Human Resources Managers and business segment partners in
the development, interpretation and execution of various employment processes, including applicant and promotional
screening, professional and educational licensure, certification and sustainment of Human Resources policies and
practices having internal and external regulatory application. The Manager is responsible for the resolution of associate
relations concerns by responding directly to inquiries from all sources, including the Ethics Hotline, while ensuring
compliance with policy, procedure and applicable federal, state, and local laws. Frequent independent judgments are
essential. The incumbent is also required to perform all tasks in observance of Rite Aid’s brand and strategy and adhere
to our core values and service attributes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The associate is responsible for the functions below, in addition to other duties as assigned:
• Respond to questions and provide support on general human resources related practices, policies and
procedures. This includes responding to questions and associate complaints received through the company's
Ethics Hotline, via phone, e-mail or other correspondence. The Manager are responsible for the review and
resolve all Code of Ethics and Conflict of Interest disclosures. Managers will collaborate with HR business
partners and field leaders in order to address associates concerns, execute tasks, and provide actionable
feedback to improve the associate experience. Provide direction and guidance to HR business partners on
compliance with company policies and federal, state, and local laws.
• Review and analyze criminal background reports, past and current employment, drug and alcohol testing
results, licensing and other professional background matters, ethics, and related materials. Make decisions
concerning hiring, promotion and continued employment as it relates to the background and screening
• Provide monitoring on background, screening, sanctions, employment application, and certification related
processes. Report trends and make recommendations on solutions to address problematic trends and
process improvement to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local laws. Provide direction, training and
coaching to business partners on employment law matters as well as all aspects of applicant screening and
background process and best practices.
• Provides direct onsite human resources support to regional, district, and DC field leaders. Act as substitute and
additional support for human resources district managers and distribution center human resources managers
as necessary. Conduct store and DC visits in their area of responsibility.
• Responsible for the creation and delivery of training related to employment law and HR compliance matters
including education on self-service tools.
• Conduct compliance-related investigations and associate relations investigations of associate complaints and
alleged policy violations directly or in partnership with Field, Corporate or Supply Chain HR representatives.
Experience / Requirements