A rapidly expanding, entrepreneurial technology company, Alarm.com, is seeking a motivated Associate Quality Engineer who wants to be part of a fast-paced, rapidly growing team. Associate Quality Engineers work with the Technology team to test software functionality and performance. Associate Quality Engineers are also involved in the testing of wireless network devices and security control panel configurations.
Very few small companies innovate and develop across such a broad range of technologies as Alarm.com. This position is ideal for the candidate who seeks a small, friendly company culture where one can work closely with smart and highly productive people across a very interesting spectrum of wireless, software, and hardware/device technologies to develop outstanding consumer products.
- Understanding product functionality, data content, and system architecture of the product being tested
- Executing tests, tracking defects, and following defects through the resolution process until fix is verified and closed
- Interacting with Developers, Business Analysts, and Product Management to ensure the quality of the software product
- Setting up and maintaining test environments
- Applying test methodology, engineering, and product knowledge in certification of products
- Ensuring the success of weekly software and web deployments
- Understanding the customer and how the product will be used by the customer
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work in combination of hardware, software, and network technologies
- Ability to interpret a variety of technical information
- Process-oriented with ability to pay close attention to details
- Ability to work independently under general supervision. Be proactive in solving day-to-day issues.
- Team-oriented individual