Tracking Code 534-621Job Description
GetWellNetwork is on a mission to help people take an active role in their health journey. Our team of more than 260 employees across the U.S. thrives on inspiration and strives to make a difference for patients and families. If you are a relationship building closer, experienced at working within the highest levels of health care systems, and passionate about working in a high-growth, dynamic and innovative environment that is changing an industry, we want to speak with you.
About the Role :)
As a member of the QA Department, the Associate Quality Assurance Engineer (QAE) will work cross-functionally with the Development and Product Management teams to develop quality products for the GetWellNetwork portfolio of technology solution. The ideal candidate will possess the necessary ambition and proactive spirit needed to learn on the job while actively participating in an Agile Scrum process of software development.
The QA department is a centralized team responsible for effectively evaluating all technology solutions produced by GetWellNetwork. All team members play an important role in synthesizing knowledge across teams to further the GetWellNetwork mission and vision. Therefore, this person may be any cross-functional product team based on initiative cycles and evolving organizational needs.
Duties and Responsibilities :)
- Develop and execute a basic understanding of the SDLC, STLC, and the skills required to be an effective QA Engineer
- Under immediate daily supervision from the Director, QA Engineering and Senior members of the QA department, actively contribute value to the cross-functional product team through effective use of prescribed policies and practices to perform specific and limited portions of the STLC.
- Proactively seek mentorship from Senior Engineers in both QA and Development to learn about the software products.
- Develop test documentation as part of the Agile Scrum QA process
- Manually execute System, Functional, and Regression Test Cases
- Perform debugging and root cause analysis of product failures and log software defects.
- Expand knowledge and understanding of STLC, SDLC, and overall Product Development Process
About You :)
- Ability to analyze business requirements and determine impact to existing features
- Understanding of basic test documentation required in a leanagilescrum environment
- Understanding of the role that QA plays in collaborating with development engineering, product management, and other product stakeholders.
- Must provide examples of scenarios in which a basic understanding in the below subjects has been successfully executed in a professional setting:
- Quality Assurance
- Common components of Web Applications
- Exposure to Operating Systems, Linux a plus
- Familiarity with the concept of database, SQL experience a plus
- Familiarity with the concept of web services, XML and JSON experience a plus
- Familiarity with the concepts of programming languages, Java a plus
- Browser and Mobile Device testing (including debug tools)
- Test Case and Defect structure
- Agile and SCRUM
- Effective analytical and technical troubleshooting skills
- Must be well organized and detail oriented
- Effective interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to follow directions and ask questions to obtain clarity of assignments when necessary
- Ability to work effectively individually, with QA peers, and cross-functionally with other product development disciplines
- A proactive spirit that will lead to continuous learning and knowledge gathering in the areas of software development, application infrastructure, product development, and of course Quality Assurance best practices and methodologies
- 2+ years of technical experience strongly related to software development
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent professional experience
About GetWellNetwork :)
GetWellNetwork, Inc.® is the Precision Engagement™ health care company. Our solutions engage patients and families, empower clinicians and deliver outcomes that matter. From inpatient to outpatient, to physician practices and urgent care clinics, to patients on-the-go, GetWellNetwork offers the only cross-continuum platform that performs across every care setting.
GetWellNetwork is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Location Bethesda, Maryland, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular