Are you a Publishing professional with strong networking skills, eager to participate in complex industry discussions with high level University/Research Industry stakeholders? We invite you to apply!
Elsevier is a global information analytics company that helps institutions and professionals progress science, advance healthcare and improve performance for the benefit of humanity. Elsevier provides digital solutions and tools in the areas of strategic research management, R&D performance, clinical decision support, and professional education; including ScienceDirect, Scopus, ClinicalKey and Sherpath. Elsevier publishes over 2,500 digitized journals, including The Lancet and Cell, more than 35,000 e-book titles and many iconic reference works, including Gray's Anatomy.
Within the Life Sciences, Social Sciences & Economics journal department the Biochemistry team supports a University/Research community that take great pride in their work; have very specific publishing needs and expect a professional, dedicated publishing partner to work with.
You will develop and maintain a Molecular Biology journals portfolio in line with the overall strategy, plans and global objectives. Furthermore you have overall responsibility for content development through organic growth, acquisition and innovation for the Journal of Molecular Biology. You will also be responsible for translating and executing the strategic direction around Content Development.
You will be based in the US/NL/OXF and will be reporting to the Publishing Director Biochemistry.
- Make an immediate impact and build and maintain strong relationships with your editors, societies and the wider community.
- Overseeing the overall portfolio management, including editor and society contracts and editorial budgets.
- Overall responsibility for your journals, with an overview of special issues and review articles, with a view to maintaining market share and growing quality.
- Seeing opportunities to manage content growth both organically and by (title) acquisition as well as managing innovation of content formats and content extensions and channels.
- Participate in projects that are run in Elsevier that require STMJ representation.
What you should bring
- PhD / Academic degree
- Minimum 2 years relevant Science/Technical/Medical publishing experience
- Strong networking & communication skills
- Proven track record of full awareness, application and current knowledge of technology, Social Media and content enhancement in that context.
- Experience in working in a complex, matrix international environment
- Willingness to travel at least 30% of time
- Eye for business development
An assessment or business case could be part of our selection procedure. Please be aware that we request references and a copy of your diploma in the offer stage.
Referral to this job is eligible for bonus