- Perform MES development that meets business requirements
- Participate in Functional Specifications review and estimation of development artifacts
- Perform service requests and customer expectations in alignment with defined service level agreements
- Execute tasks under guidance of Illumina’s lead developer
- Proactively troubleshoot and optimize application configuration to ensure performance and reliability
- Collaborate with other developers to support definition of development strategy, standards, guidelines and best practices to overcome technical challenges and streamline the development process.
- Collaborate with other functions in GIS such as Data Base and Application Integration teams to ensure service availability and prompt issue resolution for key development efforts
- Participate in feasibility analysis to ensure recommended solutions meet business requirements
- Researches and provide best practice recommendations with a focus on end-to-end capabilities and impact to KPIs.
- Improves systems by studying current practices; designing modifications. Understands when to recommend changes to a business process / policy, acquire software, configure, or customize.
- Accountable for knowing functionality of Manufacturing Systems in order to guide business process changes and configuration/development of MES.
- Conduct data and process analysis using a variety of query tools including SQL or MS Access.
- On call for critical deployments and escalation point for high-priority system bugs
All listed responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities.
- Knowledge of design and implementing Net n-tier applications – 2-3 years of experience
- Software source control (GitHub, TFS) and n- architecture
- Expert knowledge of Camstar designer and Camstar Web-forms Builder (VB/ASP.net)
- Extensive experience with relational databases such as MSSQL, Oracle, Postgress, and MySql as well as effectively managing large volumes of data.
- Working knowledge of SAP ME, SAP QM, SAP WM and SAP MM and LIMS applications
- Experience developing effective unit tests, test driven development & automated testing
- Able to perform in a highly collaborative, team-oriented work setting
- Prior experience with agile development methodology
- Expert understanding of object oriented programming
- XML and XSLT experience desirable
- SOAP and web service experience a plus
- Background in Manufacturing, Shop Floor Management, Quality and Equipment integration an advantage
- Experience working in a regulated environment is a plus
- B.S./M.S. in Computer Science or significant experience