Modifies applications programs from detailed specifications. Codes, tests, debugs, documents, and maintains those programs. This is an entry level position for an individual who has had sufficient educational background and/or experience to qualify them to start in applications programming.
- Work with IT management to evaluate user requests, clarify objectives and functional requirements for less complex modifications to existing or new computer programs.
- Code modifications to computer programs into existing systems and tests program effectiveness.
- Evaluate error messages, modify codes and troubleshoot programming problems.
- With assistance of a team member, writes documentation describing program development, logic, coding, and corrections.
- May develop user manuals and operating procedures.
- Work on special projects as assigned.
- BA/BS in Information Technology or equivalent working experience.
- 0 to 2 in applications programming.
- Knowledge of programming languages and/or application of technical principles, theories and concepts.
- Problem solving skills and the ability to work collaboratively with others to resolve issues with innovative solutions.
- Strong customer service focus.
- Ability to provide clear communications, both verbally and in writing.
- Familiarity with health care or PBM industry preferred.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to accommodate project deadlines.
- Adaptability and willingness to learn new tools and applications.
- Ability to adapt in a dynamic work environment.
Job Id: REQ20010170