Associate Program Implementation Consultant
Summary of This Role
Manages implementations and conversions of varying size and complexity. Defines problems and scope parameters of full implementation or assigned components, developing solution specifications, identifying and securing needed resources, developing an implementation plan, budget, timetable and milestones, identifying structures of authority and processes for decision making within the implementation/components, and ultimately managing the execution of the plan and post implementation evaluation of outcomes. Manages an assigned team of professionals, paraprofessionals and/or support staff as part of a broader function. Plans and structures work activities for team and monitors progress and results. Provides guidance to team members as they carry out work activities. Manages conversions of data from multiple systems of varying size/complexity and the integration/conversion of TSYS products for the new portfolio to utilize. In many cases new products are created to support the converting portfolio, where new processes have to be defined/created to support for use by other TSYS customers. Existing and new customer vendor integrations/conversions are being managed/lead/directed. Accountable to Executive sponsors for scope, schedule, budget and quality of all program elements. Responsible for and Builds strong client relationships during the Program Implementation.
What Part Will You Play?
- Plans, executes, controls, and reports on moderately complex conversion/integration implementation efforts and assists with the planning, executing, controlling and reporting on the most complex and unique implementations within the specific goals of building and delivering a particular product(s). Delivers new and additional business and products to clients and establishes clients on TSYS systems. Typical projects include approximately less than 8500 project hours. Typical projects may also include "Decon" or Launch for existing customers, including approximately 5 or less products.
- Creates, modifies and provides governance over the plan, scope, schedule and cost to ensure quality and client satisfaction for moderately complex implementations. Collaborates and ensures adherence to client and TSYS multiple work stream plans.
- Works assignments requiring minimal analysis and interpretation of data and assists with assignments requiring extensive analysis. Typically interacts with TSYS mid level leadership and with assistance, scope of contact interaction may include the client's executive steering committee and TSYS senior leadership.
- Influences members of his/her Program to support the implementation of moderately complex project implementations. The team consists of a very large number of peers and team members across a wide range of departments and/or divisions.
- Serves as the primary catalyst for defining and shaping a progressive, productive, and profitable culture across a moderately complex implementation. May assists as the primary catalyst for the most complex and unique implementations.
- Ensures the documentation and approval of product/project scope and requirements information is documented and approved for moderately complex implementations and assists with documentation and approvals for the most complex and unique implementations. Ensures the creation, approval, monitoring, and updating of project plans using assigned resources.
- Conducts and monitors the proper change control of key project assets: scope, requirements, project plan, product specifications, contracts, product code, documentation, etc. for moderately complex projects and assists with the most complex and unique projects.
- Tracks and conducts issue resolution for the moderately complex project implementations and assists with the most complex and unique implementations. Uses metrics to forewarn of problems and to measure progress. Ensures identification, logging, and resolution of critical problems, tasks, and decisions.
- Assists with the timely and accurate internal and external communication of status, including risk assessment information for moderately complex projects and assists on the most complex and unique projects. May plan and execute scheduled program updates with client, where appropriate. Ensures the project’s highest priorities (risks) receive the appropriate attention. Assists as a catalyst/facilitator in the resolution of project issues and conflicts; escalates when necessary. Manages to an acceptable level of risk by balancing scope, time, cost, and quality.
- Reviews client deliverables for accuracy, pricing, and timeliness for moderately complex projects and assists with the most complex and unique projects. Gathers project billing for approval in accordance with client contracts and department standards. Assists with the creation, management, and reporting of the project budget for FTE, travel, and all other revenue and expenses.
- Uses applicable project management tools to ensure acceptable project management or methodology practices are defined and followed for moderately complex projects and assists with the most complex and unique projects.
- Ensures key roles and responsibilities are defined, where appropriate, for moderately complex projects. Encourages decision-making at the lowest level reasonable.
- Requires some oversight with communications at this level. Communications may involve formal and informal verbal presentations and/or written management reports or summaries to large groups and executives.
What Are We Looking For in This Role?
- Bachelor's Degree
- Relevant Experience or Degree in: Business, Finance, and IT
- Typically Minimum 6 Years Relevant Exp
- Project Management experience
- PMP Certification, Black Belt certification, MS Project skills and experience with implementations in the credit card industry.
- Bilingual - Spanish
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft product, i.e. excel, powerpoint,
What Are Our Desired Skills and Capabilities?
- Skills / Knowledge - Having wide-ranging experience, uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve moderately complex issues in creative and effective ways. Having ownership of a sub-function, account or matrix management responsibilities, applies knowledge to meet goals, maintain relationships, propose opportunities to expand the business, and lead matrix teams. Some barriers to entry exist at this level (e.g., dept./peer review).
- Job Complexity - Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise. Builds on/Maintains external relationships of assigned accounts.
- Supervision - Determines methods and procedures on new assignments and may coordinate activities of other personnel (Team Lead).
- Negotiation Skills - Negotiates internally and externally regarding problem resolution
- Collaboration Skills - Collaborates with internal and external audiences