The Associate Program Director provides cross-functional program leadership to launch new products or improve existing ones. They achieve this through the broader application of program management practices or principles to ensure the collective set of program related projects achieve stated benefits. They ensure utilization of project management processes and tools to drive high level collaboration and execution. Their function is essential to ensuring teams define and achieve the objectives and goals required to complete projects on time and budget.
- Define and oversee a list of dependent projects needed to reach the program’s overall goals
- Provide cross-functional program leadership to launch new products or improve existing ones with a focus on Design Control and New Product Introduction in a technical setting.
- Drive high level collaboration and coordination with various business functions or joint development efforts with external parties to facilitate the planning process, setting goals & milestones, and creation of comprehensive timelines taking into account available resources, dependencies, budget, priorities and other constraints.
- Define, capture, and action project and product risks
- Take ownership of tracking overall team progress and provide detailed management status reports, including KPIs.
- Oversight of all phases of the product development life-cycle process from Concept to Commercialization. Understanding of Design Control principles and manage gate-keeping, design freezes, design reviews, change control, sign-offs, etc.
- Organize regular team meetings to monitor progress, track and mitigate risks, resolve/escalate issues, and review action items.
- Generate the necessary documentation and assist teams with creating project plans, protocols, reports etc.
- Take ownership of hands-on management and tracking of overall team progress and provide detailed management status reports and updates.
- Interface with external partners and facilitate joint development efforts
- Drive and action Lessons Learned to improve both program and project delivery
- May have direct management of program or project management staff associated with the program
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology or equivalent. MS or PhD in Biological Sciences preferred.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of program management experience in biotech space and educational background in molecular biology or genetics testing.
- Certification or formal training in Program or Project Management and experience using a resource management tools is a big plus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Experience compiling GANTT charts and project plans.
- Experience with project management tools such as MS Project or other.
- Excellent interpersonal skills in addition to having the ability to effectively communicate within the project teams as well as to top level management.
- Excellent organization and time management/multi-tasking skills (comfortable in an ambiguous and fast-paced environment, operating at both strategic and tactical levels).
- Experience with direct resource management.
- Ability to work independently and as part of team.
- Ability to strive strategic vision
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Duties are typically performed in an office setting.
- This position requires the ability to use a computer keyboard, communicate over the telephone and read printed material.
- Duties may require working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends) at times to meet deadlines.
- Travel required for this position:
- No X or Yes ___ : If yes state anticipated percent for travel: