Duties include direct patient care and participation in the education of medical students or residents.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
Faculty members are expected to demonstrate competency in each of the following areas:
• See and evaluate new and existing patients in the clinical setting, in addition to 4-5 outpatient endoscopy sessions per week.
• Participate in the inpatient consult service at Baylor St. Luke’s
• Develop a treatment plan for patients
• Physician productivity needs to meet or exceed the levels established by the College.
• Participate in all routine clinical meetings held with the immediate work group.
• Maintain required certifications and licensing.
• Become familiar with Electronic Medical Record system, enter data into EMR, and develop a level of competency to document all patient encounters.
• Complete all documentation in a timely manner to enable billing operations.
• Orders for diagnostic services and referrals to specialists.
• Be an active member of a clinical group practice, including educational activities such as participate in Grand Rounds, monthly faculty meetings & retreats
• Share call responsibilities within the clinical group and provide medical care to the patients of other providers when they are not available.
• Meet or exceed all quality indicators
• Maintain professionalism in relationships with students, faculty, ancillary and administrative staff.
• All professional billing and appropriate credentialing paperwork must be completed/renewed well ahead of their expiration.
Minimum Education: M.D.
Minimum Job Experience: Residency & Fellowship training