Summary of This Role
Leads the planning and rollout of assigned products through ownership of product concepts, roadmaps, and prioritization with delivery teams. Navigates a dynamic and distributed stakeholder and development environment to build and maintain a prioritized roadmap. Owns product backlog and release plan. Champions and supports the product development team by reducing churn and waste, removing blockers, escalating issues and offering ideas, solutions, and technical product guidance.
What Part Will You Play?
- For moderately complex product offerings, leverages expertise in financial services markets and/or Agile software product development to drive product innovation, roadmap priorities, and requirements for the assigned product offering that serves to further distinguish our capabilities from the competition and to deepen engagement for our clients’ customers. Close collaboration with product development team is key to success.
- Works closely with our leadership, sales, and client teams to pinpoint opportunities for our strategic focus, and ensures the release themes and plans align to deliver the capabilities to enable winning in the marketplace. Determines methods and procedures for alignment to product strategy.
- Facilitates product innovation and roadmap planning sessions. Actively offers ideas, solutions, and technical product guidance on solution feasibility, approach, and high level scope.
- Participates in release and sprint planning sessions to select appropriate priorities from the product backlog for inclusion in the release priorities. Able to discern appropriate priorities from the backlog based on a variety of factors, including input from multiple teams (Market Strategy, Portfolio Management, and Client Implementations, among others), scope/sizing considerations, functional synergies, etc.
- Adopts the structured approach to facilitate product scenario, epic, and solution requirements sessions for product enhancements. Actively participates in design review and product demo sessions, offering critical and insightful feedback.
- Drives effective release priority communications plan to ensure that all appropriate internal teams have visibility to the contents of critical commitments in the releases, as well as visibility into overall product readiness. This includes ensuring that key product decisions made within the delivery cycle are communicated and understood so that product readiness and intent are achieved. May include driving and coordinating many aspects of go-to-market planning and execution (e.g. pricing, contracts, value proposition and messaging, etc.).
- Works with technical writing team members to deliver product documentation to ensure effective internal and external communications of each release. This includes user guides, implementation guides, release notes, and various internal release communication sessions.
- Collaborates within and outside of the product management team to ensure product relevance and prioritization across segment offerings.
- Not an exhaustive list; other duties as assigned.
What Are We Looking For in This Role?
- Bachelor's Degree
- Relevant Experience or Degree in: Computer Science or equivalent field from an accredited university is required; however, relevant experience in lieu of a degree may be considered.
- Typically a minimum of 6 years
- Demonstrated track record in product development/management, preferably cloud based SaaS products in a client-facing environment. Strong technical aptitude. Experience with Agile delivery methodology preferred.
- Master's Degree
- Computer Science or equivalent field from an accredited university.
What Are Our Desired Skills and Capabilities?
- Skills / Knowledge - Having wide-ranging experience, uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve moderately complex issues in creative and effective ways. Having ownership of a sub-function, account or matrix management responsibilities, applies knowledge to meet goals, maintain relationships, propose opportunities to expand the business, and lead matrix teams. Some barriers to entry exist at this level (e.g., dept./peer review).
- Job Complexity - Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise. Builds on/Maintains external relationships of assigned accounts.
- Supervision - Determines methods and procedures on new assignments and may coordinate activities of other personnel (Team Lead).