Associate Product Manager
If you want to work for a company with a passion for quality and innovation, consider Franklin Electric, or one of our companies. As the premier designer and manufacturer of residential, agricultural, and commercial water and fuel systems, we're making a fundamental difference in the lives of people around the world. Your career at Franklin will be well rewarded with competitive compensation and benefits--and more. We understand a fulfilling family life is the foundation to a successful professional one. We strive to promote from within and help every employee realize their professional potential. We believe in lifetime careers that continually challenge and fulfill.
Responsible for assisting the product manager with oversight of assigned product lines. Provides marketing field support, customer training, and offers internal training on products. Provides leadership to project management teams and is responsible for aspects of new product development and life cycle management processes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists with managing products through new product requests, pricing, and competitor research.
- Assists with managing existing product lines related to forecast, performance, profitability, and required changes or modifications.
- Leads cross functional resources to ensure they are meeting customers' needs and resolving issues.
- Assists with providing product specifications and quote completions.
- Ensures the accuracy of specification sheets, instructions, presentations, and othermarketing services.
- Attends tradeshows to represent the company and promote products.
- Provides product training to customers and employees.
- Provides onsite support on trial sites as needed.
- Serves as a backup for the product manager and application engineers; provides other product technical assistance needed.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Knows arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Knows and predicts physical principles, laws, their interrelationships, and their applications to understand fluid, material, and atmospheric dynamics; understands mechanical and electrical structures and processes.
- Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Identifies the underlying principles, reasons, facts, or information by breaking down information or data into separate parts.
- Effectively communicates information and responds to questions in person-to-person and small group situations with customers, clients, the general public, and other employees of the organization.
- Maintains confidentiality and uses discretion with business information.
- Reads and understands documents such as policy manuals, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Writes routine reports and correspondence.
- Basic understanding of protocol communication and system interface with external devices.
- Manage testing and validation of software and hardware interfaces related to fuel management systems.
- Basic knowledge electrical component interface and wiring.
- Utilizes common-sense understanding to carry out written, oral, or diagrammed instructions.
- Deals with problems involving several known variables in situations of routine nature.
- Plans the time, method, manner, and/or performance sequence of own work; may also occasionally assist in planning work assignments performed by others within a limited area of operation.
- Frequently makes decisions of both minor and major importance, which may affect the work operations of other employees and/or clientele to a moderate degree.
- Completes some moderately repetitive tasks.
- Uses complex and non-complex machines and equipment.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in marketing or a related field (required). Relevant experience can be considered in lieu of Bachelor's degree requirement.
- Five to seven years of experience in technical product marketing, or a related field (required).
- Intermediate: Word processing/typing, spreadsheet.
- Basic: Alphanumeric data entry.
- While performing the functions of this job, the employee is:
- Continually required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear.
- Regularly required to reach with hands and arms.
- Occasionally required to stand and walk.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The company will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations.
Equal opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected veteran/Disabled