Associate Product Manager
The Associate Product Manager is a key player in the development and execution of the roadmap for clinical marketing programs. In this position, you will be instrumental in supporting the design, development, and implementation of marketing campaigns and activities for a specific product line. You must enjoy working to solve challenges protecting the quality of delivery within the specified scope & deadlines.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Works with the Sales and Clinical Team to facilitate physician and patient education through brochures, videos, websites, e-blasts, presentations, speaking programs, etc.
- Understands product markets, and articulates conceptualization of the current marketplace for products.
- Successfully crafts, implements, and monitors marketing plans to drive product growth.
- Reports on qualitative and quantitative successes and failures of marketing programs.
- Executes projects as planned and to a consistently high quality with minimal guidance.
- Leads cross-functional, internal and external, efforts to achieve results.
- Understands and clearly communicates the medical background and clinical utility of products and effectively communicates the implications to both technical and non-technical people.
- Understands creates and updates models of market size, penetration, and competitive share.
- Demonstrates a deep understanding of scientific and technical aspects of the product, and can translate this knowledge into appropriate strategic plans for review & approval.
- Effectively solicits input from other departments and uses this information to shape appropriate strategies.
- Efficiently manages vendors and other external resources to ensure consistent, high-quality results within the planned budget.
- Demonstrates the ability to modify plans in response to new data, in order to improve results.
- Demonstrates a deep understanding of the customer and their needs, and how these needs vary by segment.
- Actively monitors the performance of our assays and proactively identifies bottlenecks and delays, and proposes opportunities for improvement times
- Actively leads and participates in project teams, enthusiastically takes on new challenges.
- Effectively communicates with others both orally and in writing, ensures that all who need to know have what they need.
- Otherresponsibilities as assigned.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business, Health Science, Molecular Biology, Biotechnology or related field
- 3-5 years of work experience in marketing
- Must have experience in healthcare field and basic knowledge of the clinical diagnostic market
- Proficient at presenting to clinicians, colleagues, and the lay public
- Proficient in PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Availability to travel 10-20% of the time
- Excellent communication skills (written, oral and presentational)
- Experience in genetics with knowledge and insight into the clinical diagnostic market
- Marketingexperience within Women's Health is highly desired
- Focus on development and tactical execution of the marketing plan
- High energy, enthusiasm and overall positive attitude with demonstrated ability to learn complex medical topics quickly
- History of success in marketing and/or sales
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Ability to collaborate with and motivate teams comprised of medical, R&D, lab, IT, sales, billing, purchasing, etc.
- Possess exceptional organizational skills and ability to multi-task with minimal supervision
- Must be able to identify, access and resolve complex business problems/issues/risks and facilitate issue resolution and risk mitigation
- Strategic focus and results orientation
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams in Discovery and Development
- Strong negotiation skills with proven ability to lead teams to consensus
- Master's degree
Job Type: Full-time
- Marketing: 3 years
- Product Management in Healthcare: 3 years
- Elmwood Park, NJ