The Associate Product Manager is part of the Product Management LeanPortfolio Leadership organization and will focus on the tactical aspects of our lean, agile, Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC). The Associate Product Manager will work in tandem with our Release Train Engineers to understand the purpose, risks, and dependencies of features in our ACP development pipeline as we plan, execute, communicate, and deliver value through our PI planning process.
The Associate Product Manager will focus on the following objectives:
- Identifying and resolving impediments for release train planning, execution and delivery.
- Driving delivery of features using feedback, observation and metrics to identify areas of opportunity.
- Facilitating continuous improvement of release train activities to advance CSG’s SAFe, Lean and Agile practices.
- Promoting transparency and awareness of progress and impediments to release train teams and stakeholders.
- Drive successful execution of the PI by leveraging observation, feedback and metrics to discover impediments to PI execution. Ensure dependencies across teams are appropriately managed and do not become impediments to successful delivery of features.
- Provide timely and detailed release communication to clients and client facing teams. Coordinate delivery activities for risk mitigation. Bring a continuous improvement mindset to evolving medium, methods and content of release communication.
- Continuously improve CSG’s end-to-end software planning, execution and delivery practices. Generate ideas and drive continuous improvement of own process and metrics as well as improvement of PI planning, execution and delivery process and metrics, to include release communication with clients.
- Facilitate cross-enterprise meetings to ensure alignment of strategic priorities with features committed in a PI and resources allocated to deliver on these goals. Establish and communicate the PI and iteration calendars.
- Performs various duties in support of the Product Management LeanPortfolio Leadership team with a focus on ACP, Output, eCare, and Payment Manager Epic and Feature prioritization and planning processes.
- Work with Product Managers, Product Owners, and Release Train Engineers to guide features through the feature intake process and through post-release activities, ensuring stakeholders are properly maintaining Jira records and updating tasks throughout the SDLC.
- Routinely meet with Release Train Engineers to support the release planning process and ensure features are being worked in priority order.
- Prepare effective materials instrumental in the SDLC planning and governance process (i.e. Jira Reports, Excel Documents, PowerPoint Presentations) providing PI status detail, Feature status, R&D capacity models, etc.
- Support Quarterly Product Management Release Showcase and PI Planning and Commitment Ceremonies. Work with RTEs, PMs and APMs to produce effective presentations to promote value-add features to Internal and External clients.
- Support new product build out activities through the Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) process.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- ACP knowledge with high degree of technical aptitude
- Familiarity with Software Development Lifecycle, Safe/Lean Methodology, Agile Concepts
- JIRA, Confluence, PRO, Remedy, Internal systems knowledge
- Process oriented, knowledge in reporting, data analytics
- Ability to perform data analysis, link to strategies and objectives
- Strong negotiation skills with development regarding feature prioritization and ensuring product designs are satisfactory meeting business requirements
- Strong critical reasoning skills needed to identify challenges and rationalize solutions
- Ability to manage and deliver solutions across multiple organizations
- Excellent presentation, creative thinking, written and oral communication, people, and collaboration skills
- Ability to travel up to 5% of the time
- 2-3 years of Software Development experience working with multiple teams in an Agile environment.
- 2-3 years of Project Managementexperience
- Scaled Agile Certifications (SPC, RTE)
- Process Re-engineering experience\